Welcome to Tom's Hardware!

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sharu999

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone its shalabh here and i need help in pc building more than that im a budget mid level pc user and the price of intel product is very high in India maybe arround 30 to 35% more than newegg and the price shown in dollar :no: also include some tax issue also intel never shows their revised price this is must on intel site also they must improve a little base and boost clock speeds of xeon series coz we dont want to take risk of overclocking ..Is their any person who can tell where pc parts are most cheap in the world

Welcome, shalabh and remember, Intel isnt the only CPU maker in the world so you may eb able to upgrade to a higher level using AMD chips. I should add that I have no personal preference but merely point out that there is a choice.

sharu999

Prominent
Feb 7, 2018
Dear saga lout thanks a lot i have heard of AMD but not have an idea which one is best intel or amd i have heard that amd is good in some workloads but heats up a lot should i go with amd and should think about water cooling or must put a air condition for cooling

I'm in England and there's very few occasions when the weather causes PCs to overheat unless the owner has overdone the heating in his home.

That said, in my PC repair business, I've seen a lot of machines both Intel and AMD chips but only a handful of water-cooled PCs. If you live in a hot country, your best shot is to measure the ambient temperature daily and measure over a month to see whether you need extra cooling but air-condition is a huge expense.

Also take into account the workload of the PC, hours in a day and perhaps some gaming. It all counts towards that decision.

Post in one of the Forum sections for better advice when you come to make your choice. There are very experienced folks around here.

rfkennard

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
Howdy! I am Richard. I retired on January 31 and am starting up my new computer, an ASUS Laptop, model GL753VE. Over the last few years, I've darted in and out of Tom's Guide/Hardware, looking for information, solutions to issues, etc. I figure it's about time to join the group. I have used one form of computer since the early 80's, starting with IBM-PC/"IBM Compatibles and beyond since they first came out. I remember the first IBM box, with a 5-1/4" floppy drive (360K?), a color graphics adapter, 64K of RAM, an amber RGB monitor, a keyboard (no mouse) and IBM DOS 0.5. Things have come a long way since then! I look forward to making your acquaintance.

Feb 15, 2018
Hello! I am just a PC user, office type of work, browsing and some editing.
I am not techy at all, but due to the need for answers to a problem with my PC, I have come across this site through searching. I'll ask about it in the right way.
It seems to me that the discussions in the forum are mainly gaming related which is not my thing, but I hope that this community can help me to sort out my PC and fine tune it, if it's not the case and you think I am in the wrong forum I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.
Thanks and Regards.

accessrandom

Reputable
Feb 12, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hi there,

Long time reader, first time account-creator. My first computer was an 8MHz (overclocked to 10 MHz) 80286 without the 287 co-processor, with 1MB of RAM, 20 MB HD, and EGA video. I've been building my own PCs ever since. Glad to be here.

I have a tech how-to/tutorial channel; you're welcome to visit. Link is here.

Feb 17, 2018
Hello Everyone! I'm Justin. I enjoy building my own pc's and am currently working for an IT company. I am excited to be part of the community!

Feb 16, 2018
Hello
I am involved in CAD (Computer Aided Design), 3D Printing, Virtual Reality, eLearning and Coaching Teachers for Web 2.0. I'm use Moodle for several years and I manage a Professional Moodle Platform with more than 7900 members. I teach CAD Drawing and I perform ICT/IT, Coding and 3D printing to teachers.

We need help oo. Is it a branded PC or did you build it. We need to know the make and model either of the whole machine or of the motherboard.

The beeps indicate different problems depending on the number of them.

Feb 19, 2018
Hello I'm Fernman... lived in many places... Miami, Bogota, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Los Angeles and now currently in Marietta...

Feb 20, 2018
hello guys, i am new to the forum. been using tom's hardware for quite some time and it's very useful with regards to computers.

hope to contribute to the forum as time goes by.

thanks.

Feb 21, 2018
I am brand new. I actually found this site hunting down to see if anyone was having the rebooting issues I have been having for months now (On my computer for work no less!)... and that was actually my FIRST post. I am not much of a forum poster so I apologize in advance if I am very quiet.

Feb 22, 2018
Hello,

Name is DJ.. I've been reading this and other threads for some time now. Love to work on my own IT issues and landed a job as the IT Manager only BC no one else knows what an IP address is. I work for a roofing company as the Lead Estimator but all in all... IT/Computing/Digital Media is my first love. A novice to some, a guru to others but I'm just trying to get by while I do what I like. Been DJing for over 14 years so yeap.. Nice to meet you all.

Feb 24, 2018
Hallo,
I am the Taalgaardenier (language-gardner) in Flanders-belgium-Europe.
A bit older already but still interested in Hardware and Autodesk apps.
Trying to configurate a brandnew HP G4 Z4 with Intel Xeon W 2125 cpu and quadro P4000, also 2x16GB RAM onboard.
Probably my last computer and hope for about ten years lifetime without to much hardware problems.