Question What’s the difference between these laptops?

Sep 14, 2021
Greetings, currently I’m looking to purchase an OMEN-15 laptop, the only issue is yesterday the model I was after (15-en1505na) sold out at the retailer I was looking on, however HP’s own store is selling a laptop which looks to be identical, only issue is it’s got a different model number (15-en1000na) and product code.

I’ve looked over the hardware of both laptops and on paper they look identical, but I’m concerned I may be missing something important. After all, why would they have different model designations and product codes if nothing has changed?

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Hardware wise I don't see any differences. Therefore it could be something like color or more likely vendor. You will often find that HP will make 5 "different" versions of say the OMEN-15 but each model is specifically for a different retailer. While everything is the same on the laptops, each retailer will have their own model so if you search for that model you will only see them on the search.

Sep 14, 2021
Hardware wise I don't see any differences. Therefore it could be something like color or more likely vendor. You will often find that HP will make 5 "different" versions of say the OMEN-15 but each model is specifically for a different retailer. While everything is the same on the laptops, each retailer will have their own model so if you search for that model you will only see them on the search.

Thank you! That's really helpful. The colors are identical, so I'm assuming you're probably right there. Matches up to the fact that if I search up the 1505 version, I only see results from the one retailer.

Reactions: jeremyj_83