What are safe and max temps for Ryzen 5 1600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty_1

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
I've been googling this but been struggling to find a straight answer. Currently I'm at about 40 idle and 80 on prime95 after 10min.

What temp should I aim for for longevity and what is the extreme-do-not-exceed max temp?

Solution
The max temps on the Ryzen chips are 95c so the perfect temps would be somewhere between 70c-80c at full load. If your CPU does not exceed 80c on a synthetic stress test like Prime 95 then you are good to go and your processor's longevity is nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps, good luck.

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
The max temps on the Ryzen chips are 95c so the perfect temps would be somewhere between 70c-80c at full load. If your CPU does not exceed 80c on a synthetic stress test like Prime 95 then you are good to go and your processor's longevity is nothing to worry about.

Solution
80C is fine on prime95. There are not many applications that will push your chip as high as prime95. Anywhere below 80C for typical use will not have an issue on the longevity of the chip. The chips have a built in mechanism to throttle when they reach certain chips, so you cannot fry your chip like in the old days unless your are overvolting it like crazy.

cody7k

Prominent
Nov 27, 2017
Hi more of sharing

I running Ryzen 1600X with the Wraith Max Cooler (the lock switch was horrible). In Corsair Spec04 case with 3 Corsair LL120 fans (2 on top and 1 in front) with the original fan that came with the casing behind.

On idle i am getting 30~35°C
Prime95 1hour i am getting max around 75°C before dropping and hovering around the 70°C.

I don't overclock but hope this helps

Dec 1, 2020

dam bro my cpu temps are 40-55

Poppypbr

Reputable
Sep 21, 2016
Go to gamer-debate.com, enter your CPU description and you'll get a page that tells you technical details on your CPU including maximum operating temp. Having been there, I can say that most overclockers are doing gradual damage to their CPU. Some of the hottest and notoriously fastest CPU's have lower maximum operating temps than you would expect. For example, the i7-3039k Sandy Bridge Extreme processor, with 6 cores and 12 logical threads, known to be fast, has a maximum temp of 65C, or 149F.

That a far cry from the 95C (201F). There is a reason that more expensive versions of processors from the same family have lower clock speeds. Its because of heat building up in the processor due to its increase in mass and an increase in TDP (Total Draw Power). Every watt is 3.413 additional BTU's of heat. A BTU of heat raises 1 lb of water 1 degree F. If a CPU's TDP is 105 watts, that is 105 x 3.413 = 358 BTU's per hour. When the CPU is being pushed, several cores are processing and temperature rises exponentially because the activity demand and power draw has risen exponentially, the heat sink, its contact, and its transfer of heat better be as immediate and as exponential as the demand requires. In this regard, more heat removal is better, more care and conservatism is better.

Ebay always has a wonderful array of used top of the line computer cases to sell in very good condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.