Question What are the Cheapest GPUs for Current Games on Minimal Settings?

quickusername

Honorable
May 23, 2015
So I have an ancient GPU (AMD Radeon HD 5450) and want to upgrade. I truly don't care about awesome graphics, I'm planning to play everything on minimal settings.

That being said I want to able to play pretty much any game, or at least if I can't run it it won't be because of my GPU (from what I understand, GPU is the most limiting factor in running games). So maybe also include the second cheapest?

I've done some research but I don't know much about this stuff.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks for your help!

So I have an ancient GPU (AMD Radeon HD 5450) and want to upgrade. I truly don't care about awesome graphics, I'm planning to play everything on minimal settings.

That being said I want to able to play pretty much any game, or at least if I can't run it it won't be because of my GPU (from what I understand, GPU is the most limiting factor in running games). So maybe also include the second cheapest?

I've done some research but I don't know much about this stuff.

My OS is Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks for your help!
Could you post your system specs (PSU, CPU, RAM, etc.).
What's your budget?

quickusername

Honorable
May 23, 2015
Could you post your system specs (PSU, CPU, RAM, etc.).
What's your budget?
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (thought it was Professional, was wrong)
Service Pack 1

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 3GHz

RAM: 4GB

PSU: 400 watts

Monitor: LG Electronics 24M47H-P

I didn't have a budget in mind since I'm under the impression that outdated GPUs, not top of the line but definitely enough, are drastically less expensive because they're not current.

Let's say... 75$ Is that realistic?

Well, you'll definitely not be playing all games with that cpu and ram. But, you can play many games at 720p at low and maybe lower render scale.

So with that in mind, you'll be looking at a HD7770, r7 250/250x/360, gtx 750/750ti(careful, many fakes around), gt1030, rx550.
Anything that requires more pci-e connectors will also need a new psu.

Don't have high expectations, most games require 8gb ram and a modern 4 thread chip.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (thought it was Professional, was wrong)
Service Pack 1

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 3GHz

RAM: 4GB

PSU: 400 watts

Monitor: LG Electronics 24M47H-P

I didn't have a budget in mind since I'm under the impression that outdated GPUs, not top of the line but definitely enough, are drastically less expensive because they're not current.

Let's say... 75$ Is that realistic?
I wouldn't upgrade that system.
Save and buy or build a newer PC.

TRENDING THREADS