Question What are the top headsets around £100-£150?

Nov 16, 2018
I'm looking into buying a headset with mic attached for convenience since i don't like the extra cabling of modmic etc. My budget is between £100-£150. I'm looking for a closed back headset with good sound quality and comfort, with sound being number 1 priority.

I've been looking at the sennheiser game zero and hyperX cloud flights however i can't decide. However i'd be fine with getting good quality headphones which are compatible with the V-MODA BoomPro. These are 2.5mm jack microphone which replacing the already connecting cable.

Any opinions or suggestions are much appreciated since i'm not experienced in the audio field and am stuck as to what to get.
Thanks!

You should go somewhere like Currys/Pc world and test the headphones they have there.
My local one must have 20 sets you can play about with.
Best thing to do is listen to them yourself.

I use Bose QC 25's (quite old now) but they sound great and since I fly a lot, I love the noise cancelling option!

Nov 16, 2018
What you using them for? What connections you after? USB/3.5mm/bluetooth?
Id be using them primarily for gaming and some music/films. I generally listen to movie soundtrack so i like the epic or intensely sound signatures however gaming is a priority so something where bass doesn’t overpower too much to the point where I can’t pick out in game details such as footsteps. I’d be connecting them to my pc so a 3.5mm Jack

Id be using them primarily for gaming and some music/films. I generally listen to movie soundtrack so i like the epic or intensely sound signatures however gaming is a priority so something where bass doesn’t overpower too much to the point where I can’t pick out in game details such as footsteps. I’d be connecting them to my pc so a 3.5mm Jack
If your set up is stationary could you use a normal set of sennheisers for example and get a desktop mic?

I have the 4.5 BT which are prettying great and wireless. The 4.4 BT are cheaper and only lack noise cancellation both can be connected with a Jack and both have a microphone built in but it’s a bit crap for much more than calls. Could pull double duty as a pair for your phone outside too.

Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT, Over-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSZSJE9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mOd9CbS6TGY8K