[SOLVED] What are your thoughts on the new 3060?

Hi,so as the title says,what do you think about the new 3060?
Is it worth it over the 3060Ti for gaming and daily use?
What do you think about its price?
I can see that the aftermarket designs are very similar to the 3060TI and 3070.
ASUS,MSI,GIGABYTE all look the same over all 3 models.
What do you think about its availablity after the launch?

Solution

LOL.
Serious: Best Buy, if one is available near you, will probably be the only retailer that follows Nvidia's MSRP.

What availability?
Serious: No, really. Good luck.

Sorry, I have too much time on my hands at the moment. I should just play a game, but I'm not in mood for it right now. XD

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador

LOL.
Serious: Best Buy, if one is available near you, will probably be the only retailer that follows Nvidia's MSRP.

What availability?

Sorry, I have too much time on my hands at the moment. I should just play a game, but I'm not in mood for it right now. XD

Reactions: Dj0gany
Solution

LOL.

What availability?

Same bro same xD thats why im posting these threads

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
IF they're a similar price, it's whatever, but for what it is - an xx60 - there just aren't that many applications where the extra 4GB buffer would be useful.
It's actually a niche card, but most won't realize it.

6800: I had my eye on the 6800XT, but then all the recent clusterclucks happened... now it's even harder to come by than the 3080 is.
I got in queue for one of EVGA's 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrids, but I'm also keeping an eye out for FE 3080 and Reference 6800XT - either of which I'm going to DIY hybrid cool.

IF they're a similar price, it's whatever, but for what it is - an xx60 - there just aren't that many applications where the extra 4GB buffer would be useful.
It's actually a niche card, but most won't realize it.

6800: I had my eye on the 6800XT, but then all the recent clusterclucks happened... now it's even harder to come by than the 3080 is.
I got in queue for one of EVGA's 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrids, but I'm also keeping an eye out for FE 3080 and Reference 6800XT - either of which I'm going to DIY hybrid cool.
Good luck in getting one of those.
How much does a liquid cooling kit ussually cost.For a cpu and a 1 graphics card,$300?
$500?,more?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Depends.
EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING, 10G-P5-3898-KR
This thing WAS 820USD. For folks that were in the queue before Jan 11: If they get their notification to buy before April, then they will be charged the original 820 price.

There's also the option to buy one of their air cooled cards and then slap one of these on 'em. So, 110-120USD on top of whatever the card model is.

There aren't many other DIY hybrid cooling options... Alphacool is another one, with RTX 30 compatible Eiswolf kits launching next month. Link to the older kits here.
I'd rather do the DIY option, if I can help it.

Hi,so as the title says,what do you think about the new 3060?
maybe a decent card if they can be sold at the MSRP nvidia advertise them. for some people that 12GB might draw them to this card but personally i'm seeing this card as a 1080p card even if they can be quite capable card at 1440p.
Is it worth it over the 3060Ti for gaming and daily use?
right now we don't have the exact performance to make such judgement. plus it depends on price since you know how absurd it is right now. zotac for example has increased their MSRP for 3060Ti twice. first up to $500 and now around $530 if i'm not mistaken. this upcoming 3060? nvidia said it was $330 but don't be surprise some AIB will start at $400 for the very basic model. probably even more expensive for models with beefier cooler and OC. and that's just the MSRP. actual street price can even be more crazy.
even at MSRP $330 is a bit expensive for x60. originally i was expecting the price to be like $300 max. though i'm not counting how 12GB of VRAM going to affect the price initially.
just like another 30 series. nvidia and AMD already said they expect stock will be an issue for the entire Q1.

maybe a decent card if they can be sold at the MSRP nvidia advertise them. for some people that 12GB might draw them to this card but personally i'm seeing this card as a 1080p card even if they can be quite capable card at 1440p.

right now we don't have the exact performance to make such judgement. plus it depends on price since you know how absurd it is right now. zotac for example has increased their MSRP for 3060Ti twice. first up to $500 and now around $530 if i'm not mistaken. this upcoming 3060? nvidia said it was $330 but don't be surprise some AIB will start at $400 for the very basic model. probably even more expensive for models with beefier cooler and OC. and that's just the MSRP. actual street price can even be more crazy.

even at MSRP $330 is a bit expensive for x60. originally i was expecting the price to be like $300 max. though i'm not counting how 12GB of VRAM going to affect the price initially.

just like another 30 series. nvidia and AMD already said they expect stock will be an issue for the entire Q1.
Thx for reply.
Hopefully this one is affordable and instock