Question What Can I expect from this PC build configuration for playing ESO?

ameva12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2016
I'm not sure how many people here play Elder Scrolls online, but I plan to upgrade from my old i7 6700 geforce gt 730 PC to one that is more suited to handle gaming. $2k is my current budget. I do not want to assemble all the parts together which is why I've chosen this customized PC build.

I would like to know how well this combination of specs will handle ESO's fps during chaotic trials like vCR+3 just for an example.

I don't mind busy towns that cause frame rate drops, because it's raiding that I mostly find myself doing. Goal is to be at Medium to Low-High Settings during and out of raids. Extra 'fluff' settings like bloom, textures, shadows, water reflections will be off during those times.

I don't plan to getting a fancier GPU as I'm not streaming or that much of a multi gaming enthusiast. I just play ESO.

Processor: Intel Core i5-9600K (4.6 GHz Turbo) (6-Core) 3.7 GHz

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (Intel Z390 Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices) (No SLI Support)

System Memory: 16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (RGB Light Bar)

Power Supply: 600W Digital Storm Performance Series (Supports up to an NVIDIA RTX 2070 GPU)

Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (250GB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)

Storage Set 2: 1x SSD (1TB Samsung 860 EVO)

Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB (VR Ready)

Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio

Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H100i PRO - 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance)

I plan to pair it with this monitor: [https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYHZ6R...lid=2H7BUJ6XXXCIM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it)

I would like to know how this would all work together like what kind of performance can I expect from it on ESO. Also for those who play Elder Scrolls online, I'm well aware of the parts of the game's inherent limitations on core usage and memory leaks. I also don't plan on playing any other graphic intense game (except for Sims 3 sometimes).

Thanks in advance for all valuable input!

Jul 20, 2019
Honestly the 6700 would probably do just fine with a much stronger GPU. It is still a strong performer and is being limited severely by the 730. I know getting a whole new system is tempting but you could allocate more into a power supply, ram, and gpu upgrade for your current system if you kept your current system.

ameva12

Honorable
Sep 25, 2016
Honestly the 6700 would probably do just fine with a much stronger GPU. It is still a strong performer and is being limited severely by the 730. I know getting a whole new system is tempting but you could allocate more into a power supply, ram, and gpu upgrade for your current system if you kept your current system.

Thank you for being the first t reply!

I see your point, I have considered getting those components and upgrading to a stronger version of them, however, another reason for me wanting a whole new system is because I'm giving the 6700 to a family member as a gift for college. Aside from my gaming needs, there is a need for two pcs in my household ATM, and the decision for me to get a more suitable gaming PC for ESO is in consensus with them. Therefor, I want to buy a new system for myself.