Question What components do I need

Jul 29, 2019
Hi

I have first fixed CAT6 cables to 7 bedrooms and lounge for 9 x smart TVs
I have also wired for 6 wireless access points to various points in the clients house

I just now need to make off the rj45 ends but i don't know what best equipment to use and how to set up

I def need a 24 port gigabit switch POE, 6 WAPs and whatever else. where is best to buy from and how do I sync them all together?

I have the BT hub installed by all my cables in basement

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure what you are asking. The cables you plug into the switch. You can just crimp on rj45 plugs but it is a much cleaner install if you use a patch panel. You would then run short patch cable between the panel and the switch.
Thanks i know how to crimp the rj45 plugs but need to know how I set it all up to work properly.
Also the right equipment to buy and install

First be very sure the AP you are using are 802.3af/at. This is the industry standard form of PoE, some AP use a proprietary form and will not work with switches that pretty much only support 802.3af/at

After that you just buy a switch that has enough PoE power. You need to see how much power your AP use. Lets say they use 15watts then you need a switch that has 90watts of poe power to run 6 AP.

PoE you do not have to do anything special it just work. Some switches only certain ports can run PoE other all ports can. It is just a matter of plugging the stuff in the correct port.

You plug your router into any other port on the switch and everything is then connected.