What do You think of BC2?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What do You think of BC2?

• BC2 works great! Multiplayer is perfect!

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Most of the time i can find a server

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Sometime I get a working server

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I can never get a working server

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Single Player is enough for me

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Hate the game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tarquinbiscuitbarrel

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
the 'Q' is good because it forces the player to look around for a medic etc rather than randomly voice spamming.

when low on ammo you can also call for ammo (assault) or if you're an engineer you can request for a damaged vehicle to stop for you to repair.

the universal button of awesome.

right - someone please paste the patch notes because i can't find them from work and i'm bored.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Single Player -
Fixed: Graphical issues on some systems on SP_03 (at start and when displaying background mountains at “Up river”)
Fixed: Character voice issue during cut scenes in SP_03b (only affected Spanish)
Fixed: Hang when killed using TOW Launchers in SP_05
Fixed: Graphical issue on some systems on SP_05 (displaying background mountains)
Fixed: Voice volume in cut scenes on SP_06
Fixed: Unexpected dialog at start of SP_08 (only affected Italian)
Fixed: Random crash in SP_09 cut scenes

Multi Player -
Fixed: Server Browser – Joining a password protected server results in a connection timeout
Fixed: Server Browser auto updating server list when reopened causing a timeout issue
Fixed: Password issue during Friend invites
Fixed: Password text field issue on joining a password protected server
Fixed: “Flickering” ship on Arica Harbor
Fixed: Clan tags that use numbers in them displaying a “0” on the Select Spawn Point screen
Fixed: Display issue on long server names
Fixed: Mortar Strike icon not updating (Beta issue)
Fixed: No “Exit Game” menu option appearing at the end of some rounds.
Fixed: Flickering user rank icon (appeared as an animated gif) when user reaches rank 10.
Fixed: Flickering trees and “Red Box” on Laguna Presa
Fixed: User is logged out when failing to create a new soldier
Fixed: Zeus stationary weapon not appearing in stats
Fixed: Zu23 not appearing in stats
Fixed: BMD3 AA not appearing in stats
Fixed: Friend request displaying incorrect Veteran stats
Fixed: End of Round screen displayed incorrect “UAV_Station” – now displays correct localized text.
Fixed: K/D ratio displays in the Front End
Fixed: K/D ratio displays correctly when “comparing”
Change: Server browser now defaults to list via Ping first
Change: News Ticker font support for Spanish, Polish, Russian and Japanese
Change: New message for server full (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
Change: New message displayed for attempting to join a password protected server without providing a password (reported as “I get no message when I try and join a server, it does nothing”)
Change: Displays version number on Front End Legal Screen
Change: Display of weapon icon during loading screen

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

I would call clicking on BC2 updater.exe "manually updating" :)

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
yup! thats it, it will say there is a newer version and then you are done. i think it says like BC2gameupdater.exe or something, not sure exactly.

sweet, thanks =)

On a side note, are you experiencing any lag when all hell breaks loose? The reason I ask is because you also have a GTX 260 and many 260 users are saying that Nvidia needs to release a Driver that will fix this issue. Im kinda bummed out that I run the game at 3.9Ghz with my 260 fairly overclocked and still get lag even at 80FPS with v-sync off. In order to play a decent game I have to turn down all settings to low including the audio.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
I am pretty sure that the Steam version doesn't have the updater....I could be wrong but it seems like I have looked for it and it isn't there. Mine updated last night...a day after the patch was released.

What you need to do is go into the game properties and in one of the tabs select "keep game up to date" or something to that order and Steam will automatically start any updates.

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009

Ummmm.... if im in the middle of a mortar strike with alot of people around then yes i get some lag, but it doesnt bother me at all. gameplay is much more important. It would be nice if they fixed this, but once again, i couldnt care less about a 20fps drop for 5 seconds. and my game keeps on freezing it really pisses me off, anyone else having this problem?

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Oh, yea thats pretty odd... I know the game hates any overclocks so that could be your problem. Thats what happened to me and...spinach maybe? i cant remember

Its not letting me patch the game, Steam says that if you purchased the game from them you should wait till they release the official patch that should update once you launch steam between today and tomorow.. Something about the removal of the Secure-Rom DRM...

It happens at stock clocks as well. I have tried everything trust me ;) , the game should not lag at ALL when I have everything set to LOW / no xAA, no xAF etc..

Anyways hopefully the patch will fix this issue, what i don't understand is that there are a few peeps using single 5770's and the game is running flawless for them, well at least that is what they say...

I have always had the settings on "always keep this game up to date" and I went into the update history tab and did not see any new updates.

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/update.png

update.png

The last update that steam did on my pc was March 2nd, not sure why many already have the patch and i don't..

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
I really dont know then, this game is just really unstable. Everyone is going to have to deal with this stuff until they get it completely stable.

yea, im good. The game is awesome , no complaints other than the above so I can wait for the fixes. 2.3 Million copies sold in less than 2 weeks =)

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2/pc/game-features/battlefield-bad-company-2-sells-23-million-units-complaints-over-pc-patch/

JDV28

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
awesome haha
so for the game tonight we have:
Soldierzero - assuming he gets everything into his new case
sarge (annisman/sgt cornell)
maybe fatal
maximaniac most likely
hbu ovrclkr?