Discussion What do you think of my HDD performance...?

Can you show us a HD Tune read benchmark graph?

252919d1572440270t-hp-probook470-g1-shutdown-issue-6.png

ziqkimi

Commendable
Jan 31, 2018
HD Tune's benchmark looks OK.

Is The 15% Rule of Thumb for Mechanical Hard Drives true...?

Because after you said it is OK, I think for a while and did removed some contents from my HDD. Now it has at least 15% free storage (272GB free from 1810GB). Before, it was almost full.

I don't actually know if it is working but I noticed better performance for example when I open my game folder (I put all game icon shortcuts in one folder, and I changed the icons into better resolution .ico, and viewed by large, making the folder looks aesthetic). Usually it takes longer time to load those icons. Some icons even shrink.

Also noticed a little bit smoothness in extracting rar files (Usually lag).

Edit: New CrystalDisk Score.png

Last edited:
most spinning laptop drives' performance often rivals watching paint dry...

A Crucial MX500 (~$65 for 500 GB?)of appropriate size (or equivalent) often makes a night and day difference in laptop performance...

ziqkimi

Commendable
Jan 31, 2018
most spinning laptop drives' performance often rivals watching paint dry...

A Crucial MX500 (~$65 for 500 GB?)of appropriate size (or equivalent) often makes a night and day difference in laptop performance...
Yeah. True. Original plan was to buy that Crucial MX-500 2TB for 292.22$. But my daily usage involves a lot of downloading and copying. I am afraid the SSD will exhausts faster.

Maybe an SSHD is perfect balance for speed, storage, and longetivity...? What you think?

Yeah. True. Original plan was to buy that Crucial MX-500 2TB for 292.22$. But my daily usage involves a lot of downloading and copying. I am afraid the SSD will exhausts faster.

Maybe an SSHD is perfect balance for speed, storage, and longetivity...? What you think?
Don't worry about SSD's life it will most probably live much longer than any HDD.

TRENDING THREADS