Question What fan should I buy, can I even get one ?

FamilyFriendly101

Reputable
Nov 5, 2019
I am using an RX 6600 and a Ryzen 5 3600

The gpu has around 70-75 C whilst gaming , 55 whilst idling and the CPU has around 85 C when playing assassin's creed odyssey but usually its around 75 C when playing other games , and whilst idling it goes from 70-65 to 55 on repeat I know its some kind of fan preset that does not keep it active all the time but I imagine the fans to be running at full power whilst gaming and still not keeping the CPU cool enough.

I have been gaming without the side panel on my pc for some time and tried to put it on afraid of whatever flies could go into it or my brother spilling something.I know these temps are high and I want to check if my MSI A520M Pro motherboard can take it, and if my case can fit it .
The site of choice is pcgarage.ro and this is the pc case:

450178683_461245143508064_8146508718572312051_n.jpg

Solution
I am using an rx 6600 and r5 3600 , the gpu has around 70-75 C whilst gaming , 55 whilst idling and the CPU has around 85 C when playing assassin's creed odyssey but usually its around 75 C when playing other games , and whilst idling it goes from 70-65 to 55 on repeat I know its some kind of fan preset that does not keep it active all the time but I imagine the fans to be running at full power whilst gaming and still not keeping the CPU cool enough.
I have been gaming without the side panel on my pc for some time and tried to put it on afraid of whatever flies could go into it or my brother spilling something.I know these temps are highand I want to check if my mobo , msi A520M pro can take it, and if my case can fit it .
The site of choice is pcgarage.ro and this is the pc case:
450178683_461245143508064_8146508718572312051_n.jpg
No, GPU temps are not too high, what does it have to do with Mobo "taking it"?
You probably need some better case cooling, why don't you have a fan at back of case ? What other case fans do you have ?
With proper case cooling, it should run cooler with case closed.

Reactions: FamilyFriendly101

FamilyFriendly101

Reputable
Nov 5, 2019
No, GPU temps are not too high, what does it have to do with Mobo "taking it"?
You probably need some better case cooling, why don't you have a fan at back of case ? What other case fans do you have ?
With proper case cooling, it should run cooler with case closed.
I thought maybe the mobo did not have an empty slot for the fan , I have no other case fans because the pc came with none , it used to have way worse components and I just upgraded it over the years , never had temp issues with the cpu like right now , im guessing it because of summer.

I thought maybe the mobo did not have an empty slot for the fan , I have no other case fans because the pc came with none , it used to have way worse components and I just upgraded it over the years , never had temp issues with the cpu like right now , im guessing it because of summer.
You need some case cooling, at least one or two in front as intake and one at back and maybe one at top as exhaust . Otherwise GPU and CPU as well as other parts like chipset and VRM are going to transfer heat to each other.

FamilyFriendly101

Reputable
Nov 5, 2019
You need some case cooling, at least one or two in front as intake and one at back and maybe one at top as exhaust . Otherwise GPU and CPU as well as other parts like chipset and VRM are going to transfer heat to each other.
I believe my case allows for only 1 fan to be placed , the one in the picture above.
- This is the side panel that I currently have had removed :
449892365_1625944638261770_1288299828940358214_n.jpg

can I place another fan in that slot?

I believe my case allows for only 1 fan to be placed , the one in the picture above.
Can you show front of the case?
Does it have any spots for placing fans there?

Anyway - if your pc case has closed front, then get a new modern pc case -
with mesh front and fans in front and back.
Like Fractal Design Meshify 2 Mini (or similar).

Edit. Also - I'd suggest you get a better cpu cooler.
Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler is just an aluminum block with fan slapped onto it. Not very efficient.

Meshify_2_Mini_Black_TGD_1-Left-Front-810x810.jpg

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Myria MY8700
http://myria.ro/en/carcase-desktopuri/1506/myria-my8700-case-2-x-usb-30-atx.html
Wow, there's so little info on this one. ~And of course, there's nothing there for max cpu cooler height.
I think you're going to have to measure that one yourself - from the top of the cpu to about where the side panel would be if it were closed.

You're probably best off updating the case anyway, although the Wraith Stealth cooler will do worse in cases that don't have side panel ventilation.

FamilyFriendly101

Reputable
Nov 5, 2019
http://myria.ro/en/carcase-desktopuri/1506/myria-my8700-case-2-x-usb-30-atx.html
Wow, there's so little info on this one. ~And of course, there's nothing there for max cpu cooler height.
I think you're going to have to measure that one yourself - from the top of the cpu to about where the side panel would be if it were closed.

You're probably best off updating the case anyway, although the Wraith Stealth cooler will do worse in cases that don't have side panel ventilation.
I think im going to just change it for the sake of my sanity , can you recommend some pc cases that cost below 50 dollars preferrably from this website: pcgarage.ro, 1 dollar is 5 ron

Solution

FamilyFriendly101

Reputable
Nov 5, 2019
Even your case can be improved by placing intake fan in the side panel and exhaust at back.
Practically any case with front thru mesh visible fans.
This one would be total improvement over yours
I looked inside the pc to see if a fan can even fit but it cant because of the rx 6600 lmao, I think I might just go for this case that you suggested , thanks and thank you everyone for the help

Reactions: CountMike