What Geforce Card to Get

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Im gonna get a New card on Monday. What is a good Geforce 2 card to get for around $200? I want Tv/out for sure. I still dont know what the best card is to get for the price. Is there a good geforce2 card around this price or should i get a good geforce2 MX instead? Any help is appreciated (also looking for a site with good prices on the Cardex cards)

G

For $200 you can get a really nice GF2 32MB DDR. Try <A HREF="http://www.pricewatch.com" target="_new">http://www.pricewatch.com</A>

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Its not that I dont know what To get, Im getting geforce2 no doubt..I wanna know some opinions on the best card to get for that price...Should i go for a MX and save money or is there an accual geforce2 card out there worth getting thats $200?(btw the only card pricewatch lists is a Visiontek and Generic cards under $230)

Rop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well im also on the same boat as you. Do not know what Geforce card to get. or even if i should get a geforece Card.
Actually been also looking at the Radeon. I would like more input on the VisionTek card to see if it is worhte the upgrade.
I currently own a TnT2 Ultra and wish to upgrade in the next week or so.

G

I can't help you too much on what card to get, but the best website (in my opion to buy hardware) is www.pricewatch.com

G

If you have a monitor that can display high resolutions (1280*1024 +) then go for the gts card,
If you are only going to use 1024*768 or less, then a MX might be the way to go, because all that power in the gts card is just sitting there doing nothing at low res like that.

As for what brand to get, there is not much difference between the brands, all the difference usually is is maybe just a different size heat sink or different brand ram. try and find some reviews of the card somewhere before you buy it tho, just to make sure

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i'll sell you a leadtek geforce2 gts w/video out for $205 total including shipping. it used about a few weeks and works perfectly. i'll include the driver cd and the s-video cable it came with and the manual. e-mail me at ledzepp98@yahoo.com if you are interested.

G

And why is VisionTech not a good card? Their website appears to be nicely done and up to date. And a review of differant vid cards recommended them for their price/performance ratio. (and you can get a VT GF2 for about $152)

nat3r

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Accually I have a 20inch monitor cabable of 1600Xwhatever. What i really want is Tv-out for sure. Ive read on The Asus website alot of ppl are having problems with there card and lack of, rather, absolutly no tech support so Im leaning away from them. As far as overclocking goes its not really important, I just want a reliable card thats gonna last a while so I figure geforce2 is the way to go for the price and performance I want. I guess Ill just pick a card and If i dont like it ill send it back. Elsa geforce2 looks nice, and the 3d glasses you can get seem like a cool feature, anyone have em?

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just bought the Asus V7700 Deluxe from Bay Area Micro. It won't get here for a week or so, but $223 for GF2 with TV in/out sounded good to me. I have heard that Asus support is kind of bad, but in my experience with their stuff, it is high quality. My brother got the V3400 TNT back in the day, and that is a wonderful card. He also had the P2B motherboard which still runs top of the line CPUs over a year later. I was originally looking at the Guillemot GF2, but they are pricy. I have a Guillemot TNT2 and it is also an outstanding card.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"