[SOLVED] What is a good graphics card that I could use on this PSU? Is it good?

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
Also is this a 400w psu? i want to buy this graphics card:
Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7750 or AMD Radeon HD 6570 is the psu good enough or any of those?

0996931ee97a407a99d22dd5d1dac4ae_A.jpeg

Solution
i wanted to buy a used graphics card for 30€... but if i need a psu i would buy that first instead

Yes get a better PSU. I would recommend any by Seasonic, EVGA, cooler master, corsiar, antex, NZXT. Any PSU from those brands should be safe to use on any dedicated GPU's.
The best you can do is a GTX 1050 Ti. But I still wouldn't even risk using that PSU because it's made from a company that doesn't specialize in making power supplies thus it could have a higher chance at failing.

But if that's all you can afford than a 1050Ti is all it can handle.
If you want to go AMD, then an RX 460 or 560 are your other options.

Reactions: Pomfrit
1. That power supply is a badly designed and constructed power supply. It is also getting old. Two good reasons to replace it.

2. That power supply is rated to be a 400w power supply but the specs only list ~350w. You would need to be careful, even if that power supply were new, on how much you pull from it. Now that it is aged, I don't recommend anything.

3. You will need to ensure that you have the proper plug for your video card, on that power supply. If not, then you will need a new power supply.

4. The 2 graphics cards you listed show 55w and 60w respective usage. With a computer system running around 200-250w that doesn't mean much room for that power supply. Since that power supply is older, it isn't going to output enough. I would, again say that you need another power supply.

Reactions: Pomfrit

TRENDING THREADS