Question What is going on with my GPU and Sapphire TRIXX?

Aug 23, 2020
I just built my first PC and I am having a few issues with my graphics card and the software that is supposed to pair with it. I am new to this so please forgive me if I am missing information.

The PC Specs are:
Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite Wifi
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
16GB 3600MHz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Hyper 212 Evo Black
1TB WD Black m.2 NVMe SSD
be quiet! 80+ Platinum 650w

The graphics card I went with is the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT. The first issue I noticed is in the Sapphire TRIXX software. It reads 0MB GDDR6 memory compared to the 8GB on the card. The fans RPMs do not read and stay at 0, even when the fans are running at 100% during the fan test. Lastly the RGB controls just simply won't change the RGBs on the card, it's just stuck on the same static 3 colors. I am not sure if this is a software issue or a hardware issue, I have searched Google for a solution but it's like finding a needle in a haystack for an answer.

The other problem that I am having with the GPU is performance. For the most part, the card performs to standards. It is not OCed and I pull 90-144 FPS on Modern Warfare on High Settings at 1440p. Though even when the in-game FPS counter is reading 140 FPS the game itself still feels choppy from time to time. When I close the game and open up Adrenaline 2020, I am seeing that I am getting an average of 57 fps? Also I have seen the VRAM hit as high as 101%.. How does that happen?? As far as I know I have all up to date drivers. As I said I am new to this, so I am unsure where to turn next to get this computer working the way that it should. I've heard that it is usually helpful to leave a User Benchmark so here that is: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32089984

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I am too happy with my new PC to give up on it.

Jan 8, 2021
I just built my first PC and I am having a few issues with my graphics card and the software that is supposed to pair with it. I am new to this so please forgive me if I am missing information.

The PC Specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Hyper 212 Evo Black

The graphics card I went with is the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT. The first issue I noticed is in the Sapphire TRIXX software. It reads 0MB GDDR6 memory compared to the 8GB on the card. The fans RPMs do not read and stay at 0, even when the fans are running at 100% during the fan test. Lastly the RGB controls just simply won't change the RGBs on the card, it's just stuck on the same static 3 colors. I am not sure if this is a software issue or a hardware issue, I have searched Google for a solution but it's like finding a needle in a haystack for an answer.

The other problem that I am having with the GPU is performance. For the most part, the card performs to standards. It is not OCed and I pull 90-144 FPS on Modern Warfare on High Settings at 1440p. Though even when the in-game FPS counter is reading 140 FPS the game itself still feels choppy from time to time. When I close the game and open up Adrenaline 2020, I am seeing that I am getting an average of 57 fps? Also I have seen the VRAM hit as high as 101%.. How does that happen?? As far as I know I have all up to date drivers. As I said I am new to this, so I am unsure where to turn next to get this computer working the way that it should. I've heard that it is usually helpful to leave a User Benchmark so here that is: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32089984

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. I am too happy with my new PC to give up on it.
Hi did you or do you have Avast Antivirus Installed ?
I've had a similar issue with the Sapphire Trixx software where it was unable to change the argb colour and the fan health check showed all 3 fans failed and were running 0RPM each but I could clearly hear the fans going hundies, I took it in to PBTECH where I purchased the parts and after calling them before I was told avast antivirus was the cause of the argb and fan rpm, apparently the crashes I was having during gaming (MK11, GTAV, Control etc etc while Diablo 3 was stable for hours) and apparently it was the cause of the issues, oddly enough I didn't install avast for at least a couple of days after I had performed a clean install during which I had attempted playing some games and they were crashing before avast was installed,
r5600x cpu, x570 aorus elite wifi mb, hyper x Predator 3200Mhz RAM 16GB (2×8GB), Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT BE GPU, coolermaster 750W PSU and a Kingston A2000 m.2 ssd 500GB.

Mr. Kotton

Reputable
Jan 14, 2021

The PC Specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Hyper 212 Evo Black

For the first sorry for my english.
Have the same trouble with Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT and Gigabyte Aorus x470 ultra Gaming
what i found out right now is:
RGB fusion 2.0 somehow conflicts with Trixx

-uninstalled appcenter ( fusion and other apps can work witout it)
-disabled Startup for RGB fusion
-uninstalled TriXX
-cleard registry with CCleaner (not shure if it necessary)
-killed AMD software process
-CLEAR installed AMD drivers (dont forget to restart)
-installed TriXX
its works BUT if i will start RGB Fussion i will get the same trouble again.

Jan 8, 2021
For the first sorry for my english.
Have the same trouble with Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT and Gigabyte Aorus x470 ultra Gaming
what i found out right now is:
RGB fusion 2.0 somehow conflicts with Trixx

-uninstalled appcenter ( fusion and other apps can work witout it)
-disabled Startup for RGB fusion
-uninstalled TriXX
-cleard registry with CCleaner (not shure if it necessary)
-killed AMD software process
-CLEAR installed AMD drivers (dont forget to restart)
-installed TriXX
its works BUT if i will start RGB Fussion i will get the same trouble again.
Hi just wondering if say you kept gigabyte apps like rgb fusion got the cable from gpu to mb so rgb fusion controls gpu argb ? Btw is your gpu crashing in higher end games and do you have Avast antivirus ? I took my whole pc back to pbtech as I think cpu and/or mb has fault but they reckon all fixed with uninstalling Avast not realizing I had crashes with games before I remembered to install Avast but I had all gigabyte apps, Radeon software and trixx upto date but still issues, if that helps somewhat but u have 400 series mb that might be problematic for you

Jan 8, 2021
Btw which version of that gpu do u have ? Mines 11293-10-40G aka Sapphire Nitro+ RX5700XT BE also known as the cut down PCB version thus no waterblock designed for it unless everything is in same place as ref design

Mr. Kotton

Reputable
Jan 14, 2021
Hi just wondering if say you kept gigabyte apps like rgb fusion got the cable from gpu to mb so rgb fusion controls gpu argb ? Btw is your gpu crashing in higher end games and do you have Avast antivirus ? I took my whole pc back to pbtech as I think cpu and/or mb has fault but they reckon all fixed with uninstalling Avast not realizing I had crashes with games before I remembered to install Avast but I had all gigabyte apps, Radeon software and trixx upto date but still issues, if that helps somewhat but u have 400 series mb that might be problematic for you

-no i dont have Avast and any others.
-i have a standard version of the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT
-GPU RGB - i have no cable to the mb, so it controls from Trixx
i could use a cable for the Sapphire and maybe i will but if RGB fussion crash AMD files so far that even fan speed cant be displayed right in AMD Adrenaline and not only in Trixx so it makes no sans to me to use RGB fusion even if i will loose a control on a couple rgbs in my PC case. I i think its a problem of Gigabyte software.
- Crashes!
i was playing Death Stranding and there were a lots of crashes.
CP 2077 as well. even Google chrom and Steam crashed my system a lot of times.
some people means it could be even a Win 10 problem in case with Steam and Win 8 is fine. Fact is i could not found much info in German, English or Russian according to this problem.
now we have some more infos to work with.

The PC Specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Hyper 212 Evo Black

Try DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers. As suggested there are software conflicts that can make those issues. It's better if you stick with just one program.

From the userbenchmark you linked, I can see that you have not enabled XMP/DOCP in BIOS. You lose a ton of performance there since ryzen 3000 love fast dual channel RAM. You are literally losing up to 80% of performance in some games.

Reactions: johnsoner13

Mr. Kotton

Reputable
Jan 14, 2021
Try DDU in safe mode to remove and reinstall your GPU drivers. As suggested there are software conflicts that can make those issues. It's better if you stick with just one program.

From the userbenchmark you linked, I can see that you have not enabled XMP/DOCP in BIOS. You lose a ton of performance there since ryzen 3000 love fast dual channel RAM. You are literally losing up to 80% of performance in some games.
in my case DDU doesnt makes any differences.