what is good case with power supply included?

ossanboy

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Hi all i need ur help

I am planning to get:
Athlon X2 64 4400
512 x 2 corsair PC3200 CL2
Raptor 10.000 RPM HD
eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
eVGA 256-P2-N518 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

can someone recommend me a good case/power supply combo? I want good value for the $$

Thks
Dan :p

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Both cases in the Sonata series are pretty good. I have heard about a few issues with the Sonata II, but they seem to be matters of personal preference.

I have a Sonata I, and I love it (I have since replaced the 380w PSU though).

I use a lot of Antec Case/PSU combos becuase of price, and I have not had any problems with them.

RichPLS

Champion
The Antec Smart Power is not as good of quality as Antecs TruePower line of PSU's.

I value my PC, and choose to only run quality clean power supplies with mine, but the lower line Antecs should work, I just would not choose them.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
The Antec Smart Power is not as good of quality as Antecs TruePower line of PSU's.

I value my PC, and choose to only run quality clean power supplies with mine,
but the lower line Antecs should work, I just would not choose them.

True enough. The smart power is their bottom line. I know a lot of people will disagree, since there are some issues arising from the lower amperages on the 5v and 3.3v Rails, but I really like the NeoHE line as well. I use a NeoHE 550, and it works great. 3 12V rails, modular cables (a great feature that all psus should have, quiet, stable, and uses less electricity). Just don't use it on an ASUS SLI board.

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
the smartpower has issues because the thermal controls cause loss of power output. My old 550 smart was raped by the 550 true cause of that.

Some antecs come with 400+ PSUs i nthe cases. At any rate, Antec PSUs are often underrated (except the smart series cause of that defect) and you likely wont need more than 380...

ossanboy

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
Thanks guys,

but i think i want a seperate PSU n case now. i am planning to overclock my CPU and video card.

i will add 1-2 dvdrom what is a good PSU (how many watt do i need?) n case (with some nice fans n OC features) for OC? please give me best value for the money.

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
In my humble opinion based on years of computer service and custom builds, Fortron power supplies are probably the best lower cost power supplies. Up from there I like Enermax, and recently Seasonic has impressed.

ossanboy

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003
thanks guys, i will get fotron. what case should i get? i has to be quiet, cool, has good airflow, n good for overclocking...

Thks

pyrix

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2005
If you are jusat wanting to see what wattage PSU you need, go here http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ is an american site, but we wont hold that against them :p

My advice is simple: Brand dame power supply, Antec, thermaltake whatever. Get a good warranty. All the other crap doesnt really matter. I have been using a 240 watt generic PSU with my PIII 800 for ages, Ive opened it up, some of the resistors are partially melted, most of its covered in dust but my system is still perfectly stable. Ill spend the whole $60AUD to replace it with a thermaltake PSU when if/it breaks, then use that PSU in my next build.