Nov 9, 2020
So I recently just replaced my case and my ram along with it, my original case fans had a splitter that made the front 3 fans connect by using only one 4 pin connector. So when I got the new case, (Corsair 465x) the fans were better but I ran out of space on the motherboard for fans, ( I had another that was in my other case, so I bought a connector to power my fans from a sata cable (here). So a few days after the controller is installed my status LEDs started to come on for my DRAM, VGA and CPU when I turn on the computer but come off after a second. Since that started happening I can tell something is wrong with my computer, after about 5 hours of school work, one of the Status lights came on and I reset the computer and it went off, and after about 2 hours of playing rocket league my system completely reset itself. Which has never happened even putting over 65 days of game time into fortnite with my old case.

When I first got the computer, I was told the power supply was sufficient but will need to be upgraded, I just want to make sure that its that and nothing else.

Build
-AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler I just ordered the a500 but I'm afraid to install it with these issues.)
-Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070ti ACX
-B450 Aorus Pro Wifi Rev 1.0
-Corsair Vengeance 16x2 2666
-EVGA 500W
-Corsair 465x

Solution
I have the EVGA 500W 80PLUS Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR , its not outstanding or anything and not modular but I don't think its terrible.

It's not horrifyingly bad or anything, but it's definitely a low-quality PSU and on the very bottom of their product line.

Would not pair this with a 1070 Ti and would replace it whether or not it was the solution to this specific problem and even if there was no observed problem. It's an entry-level PSU for entry-level rigs.

oweningram66

Commendable
Mar 18, 2018
I looked up the minimum spec for your GPU wattage and I want to say that is probably what's causing your pc to have problems. When you played Fortnite I don't think your GPU was necessarily using much power to generate the graphics but with a game like rocket league, it may be more demanding, and then there isn't enough power to keep the graphics card powered which then causes your system to restart. I don't know if that's 100% correct but that's what I think is happening. By any chance do you know what the status light was on for whether it was the cpu, gpu, etc?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
EVGA makes a ton of different PSUs, and seems to come out with a new model every week. Quality-wise, they run the gamut from great to terrible.

What's the exact model of your PSU? If I were to guess, I'd say it might be one of the low-quality ones, in which case, it's not about the wattage, but about the quality of the PSU itself.

Reactions: Archaic59
Nov 9, 2020
EVGA makes a ton of different PSUs, and seems to come out with a new model every week. Quality-wise, they run the gamut from great to terrible.

What's the exact model of your PSU? If I were to guess, I'd say it might be one of the low-quality ones, in which case, it's not about the wattage, but about the quality of the PSU itself.

I have the EVGA 500W 80PLUS Certified ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply 100-W1-0500-KR , its not outstanding or anything and not modular but I don't think its terrible.

DSzymborski

Titan

It's not horrifyingly bad or anything, but it's definitely a low-quality PSU and on the very bottom of their product line.

Would not pair this with a 1070 Ti and would replace it whether or not it was the solution to this specific problem and even if there was no observed problem. It's an entry-level PSU for entry-level rigs.

Reactions: baker16
Solution
Nov 9, 2020
I looked up the minimum spec for your GPU wattage and I want to say that is probably what's causing your pc to have problems. When you played Fortnite I don't think your GPU was necessarily using much power to generate the graphics but with a game like rocket league, it may be more demanding, and then there isn't enough power to keep the graphics card powered which then causes your system to restart. I don't know if that's 100% correct but that's what I think is happening. By any chance do you know what the status light was on for whether it was the cpu, gpu, etc?

That makes a lot of sense. I ordered an 850W PSU today because I also have an a500 CPU cooler that has yet to be installed because I don't want to run out of power. Luckily I'm using my old parts to build my mom a computer haha so the PSU won't go to waste.
Also, I contacted AORUS Technical Support, and I guess it is normal for the status LEDS on the motherboard to turn on and off after the computer is turned on. Im guessing the status less were not visible in the old case or something.

That makes a lot of sense. I ordered an 850W PSU today because I also have an a500 CPU cooler that has yet to be installed because I don't want to run out of power. Luckily I'm using my old parts to build my mom a computer haha so the PSU won't go to waste.
Also, I contacted AORUS Technical Support, and I guess it is normal for the status LEDS on the motherboard to turn on and off after the computer is turned on. Im guessing the status less were not visible in the old case or something.
What's the brand and model of the new PSU you bought?

Reactions: King_V