[SOLVED] what is this chip name?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Most likely not Southbridge, that really hasn't been of much use in years. From the position I'd say it's the Northbridge chipset, which controls pcie links.

It's ball soldered, you will not be replacing it, that takes specialized tooling in a machine that'll run upwards of $10k for a decent one.

Only way to fix that is to replace the main board.

Laptop not turning on could be a multitude of things, most common is the battery dropped a cell so does not supply the necessary voltage.

How you can assume that one particular chip is the culprit when there's no obvious working being done is beyond me. Sounds like you were just guessing.

If it's still under warranty, contact Asus for further answers, they'll direct you for any necessary repairs. If it's out of warranty, look for a respectable repair shop. There's not much inside a laptop, but what little there is is not exactly user repairable/replaceable other than ram or storage and possibly a gpu or cpu.

aidin0181

Commendable
Mar 11, 2018
Most likely not Southbridge, that really hasn't been of much use in years. From the position I'd say it's the Northbridge chipset, which controls pcie links.

It's ball soldered, you will not be replacing it, that takes specialized tooling in a machine that'll run upwards of $10k for a decent one.

Only way to fix that is to replace the main board.

Laptop not turning on could be a multitude of things, most common is the battery dropped a cell so does not supply the necessary voltage.

How you can assume that one particular chip is the culprit when there's no obvious working being done is beyond me. Sounds like you were just guessing.

If it's still under warranty, contact Asus for further answers, they'll direct you for any necessary repairs. If it's out of warranty, look for a respectable repair shop. There's not much inside a laptop, but what little there is is not exactly user repairable/replaceable other than ram or storage and possibly a gpu or cpu.
i showed my laptop to a repair man. he just plugged my charjer and watched it's temprature. he said at the worst cenario ot's temprature should be 40c, but now it's 65c, and when my laptop turned off, i smeeled a burning thing from the back of laptop.any way i tried to turn it on again, couple of time, my laptop turn on light was on for just 1 second, no sign of living fan, then nothing happened.
my laptop battery is broken. so i just plug my charjer to it.

aidin0181

Commendable
Mar 11, 2018
well, i read about cmos battery maybe the reason the laptop wont boot. so i changed it, still nothing happened.any idea about this problem?? no botting at all. my power supply is ok and i checked the power connector on motherboard with multimeter. it was ok too. the repair man said this south bridge chip is getting too hot when pressing the power button. i saw it now too.