Dec 28, 2019
I was searching for RX 580s on eBay and found a listing that looks like it was "made from AMD" I looked for the exact model/ brand and could not find any info until I saw a listing on aliBaba that was the same one and said it was direct from the factory. Should I trust this? What is this about?

www.ebay.ca/itm/AMD-Radeon-RX-580-4GB-DDR5-Graphics-Card-256bit/333420130263?hash=item4da1636fd7%3Ag%3AoykAAOSw1V9d5B8s&LH_BIN=1

alibaba.com/product/60745008228/Cheap-China-Wholesale-AMD-Radeon-Rx580.html

Solution
direct from the factory
Is that right?
Yet, for some reason, in the last image(Gpu-Z) from the ebay link, Bios Version says 'Modified by dsanke'...

It's likely a bios modded RX 480, but a couple things I found didn't match up:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/200592/200592
^This appears to be the vbios being used. The memory size and the numbers by Gpu and Memory Clocks under Bios Internals set off a red flag.
If this is really an OEM card, it's running at higher clock speeds like one of the aftermarket models.

Again, it's likely a bios modded RX 480 - a 580 is just an overclocked out of the box 480 anyways.
It's from China, where the majority of the phony GTX 750Tis and GTX 1050/Tis came from.

The clock speeds? It...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
direct from the factory
Is that right?
Yet, for some reason, in the last image(Gpu-Z) from the ebay link, Bios Version says 'Modified by dsanke'...

^This appears to be the vbios being used. The memory size and the numbers by Gpu and Memory Clocks under Bios Internals set off a red flag.
If this is really an OEM card, it's running at higher clock speeds like one of the aftermarket models.

Again, it's likely a bios modded RX 480 - a 580 is just an overclocked out of the box 480 anyways.
It's from China, where the majority of the phony GTX 750Tis and GTX 1050/Tis came from.

The clock speeds? It may just be a stolen aftermarket model but they replaced the cooler and modded the bios to hide the Subvendor ID.

I wouldn't bother, but if you're still curious, try through Ebay. There's a 30 day return window upon receipt... I don't know the return shipping costs to China though.

Solution
Dec 28, 2019
Is that right?

The clock speeds? It may just be a stolen aftermarket model but they replaced the cooler and modded the bios to hide the Subvendor ID.

I wouldn't bother, but if you're still curious, try through Ebay. There's a 30 day return window upon receipt... I don't know the return shipping costs to China though.
Thx! Not gonna buy.