The PC has detected a non-system disk, or that there it a disk error. To continue press any key to continue.

Where do you get this error?

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Possible reasons:

# Your Windows installation has become damaged
# Your HDD is not connected properly
# Your PC never had Windows or any OS installed in the first place

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>

freshnfat

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2005
interesting i fixed it, took the floppy that was in the drive out and messed with hard drive plug not sure wich fixed it heh.

:/ - taking out the floppy - :/

*Steam rising*
|<font color=red>(\__/)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(='.'=)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(")_(")</font color=red>|
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I am shocked and suprised that the first post in this thread didn't say "remove the floppy disk you've left in there" :frown:

---
<pre> (\_/)
|~~~~~|======
|_____| This was bunny. He was tasty.
/\/\/\/\</pre><p>

Amazing...simply amazing.

*Steam rising*
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
How could I miss that reason!! :redface:

Haven't used floppy for so long....

------------
<font color=orange><b><A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox" target="_new">Rediscover the web</A></b></font color=orange>

It's alright - FDDs are not as common anymore... :wink:

*Steam rising*
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
It's not that I didn't entirely forgot the floppy thing. I didn't recall clearly what happens system tries to boot from a non-bootable floppy. I guessed it skips the floppy and tries other devices for booting, like the case of non-bootable CD-ROM in a CD drive. :frown:

------------

pat

Expert
That's what I was going to suggest because your BIOS has the first boot device set to floppy and when there is a floppy in without boot files, you'll show this message.

Normally now, we set the first boot devices to the CDROM, because OS now install right from the CDROM. Back in time, boot disk were necessary to install OS.

But, if you need diagnostic tools, such as memtest , you need to set the floppy as first boot, because if it is set after the HDD, it will always boot the HDD first, if the OS is installed.

(\__/)
(=<font color=red><b>˚</b></font color=red>.'=)
(")ώ(") This is my bunny..terminator!!!

endyen

Splendid
Go into bios, and set the hdd as the first boot device. It will save a few seconds every time you boot.
If you ever do want to run a dos prog, like memtest86, you can always change it back, for when you need it.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
thank god for intergrated memtest in my bios :)

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2

ROFLMAO!

*Steam rising*