[SOLVED] What is wrong - the PSU or Graphics Card?

Aug 29, 2020
Hi There,

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Fully updated drivers & OS
CPU - Intel Core i3 6100 @ 3.70GHz - Skylake 14nm Technology
RAM - 12.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-35)
Motherboard - Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B150M-DS3H-CF (U3E1)
Monitor - BenQ RL2240H (1920x1080@60Hz)
Internal Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 530 (Gigabyte)
Storage - 931GB Seagate ST1000DM010-2EP102 (SATA )
Optical Drives -hp DVD-RAM GH40L

PSU - iBall Marathon 500 Watts
Graphics - Zotac NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI OC Edition - 4 GB DDR5

I assembled my PC in Dec 2016 & have been using it without any issues, one fine day in May 2020 all of a sudden PC crashed & it booted back ON like nothing was wrong, but then on it would restart every few minutes. Display went black after 2-3 boot ups, bypassed the GPU & still it was re-booting at irregular intervals. Tried to isolate the problem but everything seems to be fine, RAM, HDD, I installed the GPU but it would work once & if i restart PC display would be black & fans on GPU would not move, so the problem is either GPU or PSU (iBall Marathon 500 Watts). 2 days back I bought a new PSU Artis Super Silent Gaming 500 Watts, PC does not boot when GPU is installed & without GPU it is stuck in restarting loop. New PSU worked great with graphics card for first few hours though & now it is not even booting up. So i am back to my old iBall Marathon 500 Watts PSU, it is working fine as of now but without GPU. When I installed it, PC booted without any issue but no display...again the fans on GPU were not moving so now using the PC without it.

Kindly tell me what seems to be wrong.

I have booked a visit to Zotac Service Center to get the GPU checked & initiated the replacement with Amazon for Artis PSU.

Last edited:
Solution
I got the replacement of PSU today & installed it. Working fine with GPU, I rebooted the PC couple of times but so far it is working fine. Looks like it was the PSU after all.
Probably was psu. You mention replacement, what did you replace it with?

CPU Temp Value - checked with CPUID HW monitor:

Package : 35 degree Celsius

Core 0: 33 degree Celsius
Core 1: 33 degree Celsius
Temps look fine, personally think hwinfo is a better tool but that aside.
Aug 29, 2020
Neither psu is something i would even look at so getting a low quality replacement for a low quality psu already owned was a waste of money. Might well still be psu problem.

How are temps of the cpu?

just in case it might be something else.
I got the replacement of PSU today & installed it. Working fine with GPU, I rebooted the PC couple of times but so far it is working fine. Looks like it was the PSU after all.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Probably was psu. You mention replacement, what did you replace it with?

Temps look fine, personally think hwinfo is a better tool but that aside.

Solution