Question What motherboard can i use for my i5-7600k?

Feb 25, 2021
So i've had my computer for a while and unfortunately the motherboard i have (b250m) doesn't allow for OC and doesn't have dual channel ram slots. (Only able to fit two ram).
I have been looking for a new motherboard but I'm confused as to which one i can buy which has both dual channel, and the chipset I have.
Please help me! Thanks!

Feb 25, 2021
Z270 is compatible with your CPU.

Although, I would not spend any money on that. Even with an overclock the 7600k is not a great performer, and spending money for a board seems like a bad investment.
Its not just for my cpu, i know it will help my ram work better too. Im also looking to upgrade my cpu in the future but it wont be a while due to money issues :/

A ram and memory oc still isn't going to help the main problem with that CPU, which is 4 threads.

Save up and buy something newer.

Spending money on a used z series motherboard is only going to set you back further from being able to buy something that will offer real performance increases.

Feb 25, 2021
A ram and memory oc still isn't going to help the main problem with that CPU, which is 4 threads.

Save up and buy something newer.

Spending money on a used z series motherboard is only going to set you back further from being able to buy something that will offer real performance increases.
Okey dokie, thank you for the help!

Mar 15, 2021
The 7600k doesn’t support quad channel. 4 dimms would just be 2 dimms per channel.
I still have and run my7600k with 32 gigs dual channel ripjaw 2400mhz on a Z270 Killer SLI/AC makes no sense telling someone it wont run dual channel when it does and the cpu post top of the 4 cores i run it between 4.5 to 5.1 ghz both very stable
The 7600k doesn’t support quad channel. 4 dimms would just be 2 dimms per channel.
https://valid.x86.fr/bxgrrt here is my validation