[SOLVED] What motherboard should I get?

Jun 8, 2019
Hello!
I want to build an AMD PC, using a Ryzen 5 3600.
I haven't decided what motherboard I should get. I've tried looking for tier lists, but the ones I found don't have all the motherboards I am considering.
The options are, I think, the ASRock X370 Killer SLI, or ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X. As the Fatality is on sale in Newegg, it's roughly the same price. Which one is the best out of the two? Will any of them allow me to overclock the R5 3600? Are the VRMs and its cooling good?
If they aren't good options, is there any good mobo for a similar price in Newegg?

Solution
I would think twice before getting an Asrock MB. I had an Asus MB, which was 4 years old. I wanted to upgrade. Looking at the specs online, I was fooled into getting an Asrock Phantom Gaming 6. Well, after 2 and a half the MB wouldn't start up. I sent it to the agent, here in Malaysia, and was told that it is Asrock's policy that the mobo be "returned to Taiwan" before I can get a replacement in 2weeks!!!! I don't know what Asrock's policy is in other countries, so beware.
BTW, after the 2 week wait, I still haven't got my replacement. My emails to Asrock re their "Return to Taiwan "policy went unanswered. Should have stuck to my tried and trusted Asus MB brand , in the first place.
So no matter what chipset etc and razzamatazz...
Hello!
I want to build an AMD PC, using a Ryzen 5 3600.
I haven't decided what motherboard I should get. I've tried looking for tier lists, but the ones I found don't have all the motherboards I am considering.
The options are, I think, the ASRock X370 Killer SLI, or ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X. As the Fatality is on sale in Newegg, it's roughly the same price. Which one is the best out of the two? Will any of them allow me to overclock the R5 3600? Are the VRMs and its cooling good?
If they aren't good options, is there any good mobo for a similar price in Newegg?
They are both fine boards but you will need to upgrade BIOS before being able to use 2nd or 3rd gen Ryzen on it.

Jul 16, 2019
I would think twice before getting an Asrock MB. I had an Asus MB, which was 4 years old. I wanted to upgrade. Looking at the specs online, I was fooled into getting an Asrock Phantom Gaming 6. Well, after 2 and a half the MB wouldn't start up. I sent it to the agent, here in Malaysia, and was told that it is Asrock's policy that the mobo be "returned to Taiwan" before I can get a replacement in 2weeks!!!! I don't know what Asrock's policy is in other countries, so beware.
BTW, after the 2 week wait, I still haven't got my replacement. My emails to Asrock re their "Return to Taiwan "policy went unanswered. Should have stuck to my tried and trusted Asus MB brand , in the first place.
So no matter what chipset etc and razzamatazz they put in their, do not be fooled. Asrock is a shitty brand. I would advice everyone to steer clear. Buy at your peril.

Solution