[SOLVED] What motherboards support Ryzen 1600AF out of the box? What should I look for?

Jul 16, 2020
Looking to build a pc with a Ryzen 1600AF at its core. Most motherboards within my budget do support it, but after a bios update according to the site.

The problem is that the 50$ "bios-update-before-shipping" retailer fees in my country are out of my budget.

What exactly should I look for in a board, to be sure that it will boot with a 1600AF, enough to go in the bios to update it?

Solution
Looking to build a pc with a Ryzen 1600AF at its core. Most motherboards within my budget do support it, but after a bios update according to the site.

The problem is that the 50$ "bios-update-before-shipping" retailer fees in my country are out of my budget.

What exactly should I look for in a board, to be sure that it will boot with a 1600AF, enough to go in the bios to update it?
Go to the motherboards manufacturer site and see if the board supports it with the first BIOS version.

Example a budget board that supports it with the first F1 BIOS version.

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-10/support#support-cpu

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Go to the motherboards manufacturer site and see if the board supports it with the first BIOS version.

Reactions: King_V
Solution
Jul 16, 2020

Thank you for answering!

I've read accounts of people with 1600AF and boards that require newest bios for it. But they still managed to boot to windows, albeit unstable and crashing. I was wondering if there's a way to tell whether a board that has an old bios will boot like that or not, enough to get to the bios at least.

But I guess that in the end it's probably safest to spend a little more for a newer board that supports it out of the box.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thank you for answering!

I've read accounts of people with 1600AF and boards that require newest bios for it. But they still managed to boot to windows, albeit unstable and crashing. I was wondering if there's a way to tell whether a board that has an old bios will boot like that or not, enough to get to the bios at least.

But I guess that in the end it's probably safest to spend a little more for a newer board that supports it out of the box.
Most of the time with AMD it either works or doesn't.

TRENDING THREADS