[SOLVED] What should I buy - Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 ( Ryzen 5 4600H ) or ACER A715 ( Intel i5-9300H)?

Jan 24, 2021
IdeaPad Gaming 3 specs:

Ryzen 5 4600H
16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB
-------------------------------
ACER A715 specs:

Intel i5-9300H
8GB DDR4 ( I don't know the speed but it's probably 2400Mhz )
Nvidia GTX 1650Ti
-------------------------------

I have been told that IdeaPad are heavily crippled machine with disgusting thermals, tiny battery, crippled power, inferior material choices and poor build overall.

My question is: Is it worth risking and buying the IdeaPad because it has better CPU and +8GB RAM or not?

Solution
I have never heard of such a thing said about Lenovo. This one has an i7 10750H, which is a hotter chip, than a 4600h.

https://gizmodo.com/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3i-review-a-near-perfect-gaming-1844379778

Personally, I would choose the Lenovo, unless you really need the bit better gaming performance, of the 1650ti. I have a lenovo legion myself, and have had experience working with their other laptops, and desktop, at work. They have all been solid machines. The hospital I used to work at, used idea pads, in the medical carts, and those things took a beating. Where I work now, all of our desktops and laptops are Lenovo, and our thin clients are being changed to Lenovo, once they are upgraded. I do have an Acer predator, that I...

logainofhades

Titan
I have never heard of such a thing said about Lenovo. This one has an i7 10750H, which is a hotter chip, than a 4600h.

https://gizmodo.com/lenovo-ideapad-gaming-3i-review-a-near-perfect-gaming-1844379778

Personally, I would choose the Lenovo, unless you really need the bit better gaming performance, of the 1650ti. I have a lenovo legion myself, and have had experience working with their other laptops, and desktop, at work. They have all been solid machines. The hospital I used to work at, used idea pads, in the medical carts, and those things took a beating. Where I work now, all of our desktops and laptops are Lenovo, and our thin clients are being changed to Lenovo, once they are upgraded. I do have an Acer predator, that I gave my wife, when I got my Lenovo, as she needed a new one for online classes. The old 2nd gen i5 Asus was simply not working well anymore. It's been a good laptop overall.

Ram speed, of that acer is probably 2666.

What is your laptop budget, and country? Might be able to find you some better options.

Reactions: Viktor4645544
Solution
Do you need the portability of a laptop?
Usually, a desktop will be the better value gamer.
That said, a laptop may be the only way today to get a decent graphics card.
I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.
Look carefully at the cooling setup of your options.

Jan 24, 2021
N
I am not looking for a gaming laptop, only good performance for the money

Jan 24, 2021
If you will not be playing fast action games, you do not need a discrete graphics card/chip.
Lenovo 3I desktops of similar specs are sold at perhaps $400 vs. $800 for the laptop.
Add a nice 24" monitor for $100.
I must get laptop but the question is, is Lenovo IdeaPad good quality or not

TRENDING THREADS