[SOLVED] what should i buy to increase my game fps

Nov 1, 2021
Hi, i don't know bout PCs so i have no idea what components is increasing fps and which doesn'ţ.

Cpu - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
Ram - 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Gpu - AMD Radeon RX 550

Any recomendations would be greatly appriciated.

Solution
Some games are graphics limited like fast action shooters.
Others are cpu core speed limited like strategy, sims, and mmo.
Multiplayer tends to like many threads.

You need to find out which.

Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Do you have a budget?
oh, i see. can't it be by overheating? cuz my cooling is pretty bad i think. idk where to check those
Oh I read your post was about what upgrades should you look at. Yes overheating can cause significant loss of performance. What are your cpu and gpu temperatures when gaming?

When it comes to gaming the cpu, ram, gpu can have a significant impact on performance. The psu is also very important but more for stability. The drive games are installed on can impact the experience but not really averages FPS.

Nov 1, 2021
No problem, we all had to learn at one time. I think one of the easiest ways is using a program called HWInfo. It can show minimum, maximum and average. If you have it running in the background while you game you can record the maximum was.

There are lots of other tools. MSIAfterburner is another good tool.
for some reason my fans are now quiet and my temp is now 44. thats kinda weird. but yea still got like 30 fps. is there a way u could look into my pc with anydesk or smth?

for some reason my fans are now quiet and my temp is now 44. thats kinda weird. but yea still got like 30 fps. is there a way u could look into my pc with anydesk or smth?
I would not be comfortable doing something like that. However can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results https://www.userbenchmark.com/

This will test each component and tell us if it’s roughly working ok.

If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.

Do you have a budget?

Solution
Nov 1, 2021
I would not be comfortable doing something like that. However can you run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results https://www.userbenchmark.com/

This will test each component and tell us if it’s roughly working ok.
this came out
UserBenchmarks: Game 16%, Desk 78%, Work 14%
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 - 80.1%
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 550 - 12.4%
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 (Desktop Coffee Lake i5 i7) - 3.1%
SSD: SK hynix SC311 SATA 256GB - 81%
USB: WD My Passport 25E9 1TB - 56.1%
RAM: Unknown KY7N41-MIE 2x8GB - 58.3%
MBD: Dell OptiPlex 7060

Nov 1, 2021

Do you have a budget?
doesn't seem it increasing fps. but it's possible that i am doin it wrong lol

logainofhades

Titan
Absolutely not worth it. There are other GTX 1050ti's on that site that are cheaper, and a faster GTX 1650 for roughly the same cost. GPU prices are terrible, right now. Might want to look at the used market, too.

Nov 1, 2021
Absolutely not worth it. There are other GTX 1050ti's on that site that are cheaper, and a faster GTX 1650 for roughly the same cost. GPU prices are terrible, right now. Might want to look at the used market, too.

oh ok, don't u know any site where buy used ones (or just good ones) that can actually ship to slovakia? + i wanna set my budget to like 300-350€ max