[SOLVED] what should i upgrade in my pc to make it better?!

KatD4ddy

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2015
i currently have a cyber power from 2013 with a

processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-core processor 3.80 GHz
RAM: 8GB
system type: 64 bit Operating System

im really just looking to make it faster for video editing using shotcut. i also would like to game on it, i used to do a lot of gaming on it but really i always had to use the lowest settings for FPS Games and never really was the best for gaming. im going to pretty much delete everything i have on it and reinstall windows, so im looking to start fresh. now im not trying to make it some top tier gaming machine, just something i can game without it glitchy and video editing so its smoother. i dont really know much about all the techy stuff! any tips would be great. also, i probbaly need a better graphics card, im noteven sure what i have

Solution
Overpriced, and PSU is not very good. If your cyberpower uses an ATX case, you can probably reuse it. This is faster, in every possible way, and cheaper.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($132.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case ($42.98 @ Newegg)...
Jun 3, 2018
i currently have a cyber power from 2013 with a

processor: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-core processor 3.80 GHz
RAM: 8GB
system type: 64 bit Operating System

im really just looking to make it faster for video editing using shotcut. i also would like to game on it, i used to do a lot of gaming on it but really i always had to use the lowest settings for FPS Games and never really was the best for gaming. im going to pretty much delete everything i have on it and reinstall windows, so im looking to start fresh. now im not trying to make it some top tier gaming machine, just something i can game without it glitchy and video editing so its smoother. i dont really know much about all the techy stuff! any tips would be great. also, i probbaly need a better graphics card, im noteven sure what i have
I currently have the same setup as you do but from all the digging I did I found it better to just do a whole new build. You can look at a budget AMD build for $500 or less that'll get you better off than the old fx systems. I'm just doing mine part by part but I'm investing around $800. Just depends if you want it all at once or to get the new system piece by piece. If you do go with a new system look into Ryzen 5 as your CPU. There's a 4 core and 6 core. If you're doing production, editing, running heavy software, streaming, or any productivity then go with 6 core if just gaming only do the 4. It also has on board graphics so a graphics card isnt necessary for it to run some games. There's a $20-$30 dollar difference in the two though and are sub $200 (got my Ryzen 5 2600 6 core for $160). I'm sure someone on here can help you with a new budget build as well. I just highly recommend taking this route as Ryzen is highly popular and easy to build off of.

Reactions: KatD4ddy

logainofhades

Titan
Given the age of that system, I would say new is the way to go. Even a 2200g would be far superior to what you have now, due to the better single threaded performance. The integrated graphics are far far superior to that GT 610, and at least get you started to playing many games, at lower settings. For under $350 you could go with a 2400g, which would give you 4c/8t and a bit better graphics, over the 2200g. Either way you will have a rig with an actual upgrade path, as AM4 support is good till at least 2020.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $294.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-25 10:29 EST-0500

logainofhades

Titan
Overpriced, and PSU is not very good. If your cyberpower uses an ATX case, you can probably reuse it. This is faster, in every possible way, and cheaper.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($132.90 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport AT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case ($42.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $628.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-06 16:54 EDT-0400

Solution