Specs:

CPU:i5-2400s don’t judge
Gpu:gigabyte gtx 1030 oc
Ram:ddr3 2x4gb 1600mhz
Motherboard:H61M-p31 (G3)
500w psu
This is my dedicated streaming pc I Wont be running any games on it

Solution
Thanks but I just wanna know what I would get for this I will do anything that’s a good idea
For live-stream encoding, you'd probably want to upgrade to a GTX1650 Super (cheapest GPU with Turning NVEnc) so the CPU doesn't get floored just trying to keep up with video encoding.

If you already own the "streaming" PC, then just try it and see how far you can push it for yourself..

InvalidError

Titan
If you have an RTX2060 and up (also the 16xx Super) in your main gaming PC, Turing NVEnc can offload most of the encoding workload and allow you to do everything on one PC without much gaming performance loss.

The GT1030 has the old NVEnc with much worse quality and no support for h265, so you will need to use CPU encoding for quality and the old i5 may struggle to keep up depending on encoding resolution, frame rate and target quality.

The GT1030 has the old NVEnc with much worse quality and no support for h265, so you will need to use CPU encoding for quality and the old i5 may struggle to keep up depending on encoding resolution, frame rate and target quality.
The 1030 doesn't have any encoding at all only decoding, the 1050 has encoding and is fine even for 4k/60 at h.264.
The oldest nvidia card with encoding would be the 650 but you have to look out, there are some models that have it and others don't.

The i5-2400 also supports qsv but it's a very early version and pretty bad.

Jul 5, 2021
If you have an RTX2060 and up (also the 16xx Super) in your main gaming PC, Turing NVEnc can offload most of the encoding workload and allow you to do everything on one PC without much gaming performance loss.

Thanks but I just wanna know what I would get for this I will do anything that’s a good idea

InvalidError

Titan
For live-stream encoding, you'd probably want to upgrade to a GTX1650 Super (cheapest GPU with Turning NVEnc) so the CPU doesn't get floored just trying to keep up with video encoding.

If you already own the "streaming" PC, then just try it and see how far you can push it for yourself..

Solution
Jul 5, 2021

Would and rx 580 be able to handle it because I’m thinking of getting a 1660 ti oc or my main pc and right now I have a rx 580 in my main so could I use that if I upgrade to a 1660 ti oc what sort of performance would it get me?

Last edited: