[SOLVED] what to do before and after swapping the GPU?

Jun 8, 2020
hey guys. gonna swap out my gtx 730 for a gtx 1650 tomorrow. is there anything i need to do before swapping them besides turning off my PC? and after i swap them do i need to uninstall geforce experience and redownload it for the 1650? and also, im very confused with drivers. do i uninstall my driver for the 730 before and swap them then after, install the driver for my 1650? if you could answer all my questions thatd be great

Solution
hey guys. gonna swap out my gtx 730 for a gtx 1650 tomorrow. is there anything i need to do before swapping them besides turning off my PC? and after i swap them do i need to uninstall geforce experience and redownload it for the 1650? and also, im very confused with drivers. do i uninstall my driver for the 730 before and swap them then after, install the driver for my 1650? if you could answer all my questions thatd be great
install DDU.Its a program that wipes every single driver file for your gpu.After the drivers are unnistalled,boot with the gtx 730 and see if the drivers are gone.If they are,shut down the pc and just swap the 730 for 1650.Just make sure that you have enough pci-e power cables for your 1650 and make sure...
install DDU.Its a program that wipes every single driver file for your gpu.After the drivers are unnistalled,boot with the gtx 730 and see if the drivers are gone.If they are,shut down the pc and just swap the 730 for 1650.Just make sure that you have enough pci-e power cables for your 1650 and make sure the psu is enough,because if not the monitor will show no signal.Also if the gpu requires lets say 8pin power connector,and you have only a 6pin connector,DONT plugg only the 6pin connector,cuz you can fry your gpu,and if you are unfortunate it can fry your whole system.DONT buy adapters,can they can cause the same problem,so you will need to be buying a new psu that fits the gpus requirements
Steps:
-download DDU ( https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html )
-unnistall the drivers (look at videos and quides on youtube to see how it works)
-after the ddu has finished,boot to windows using safe mode,and check if the drivers are gone
-if they are,just turn of the pc and swap the gtx 730 for gtx 1650
-download the drivers for gtx 1650
-you are good to go :)

YT videos and quides:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxiLwLCxmkk

Solution
Jun 8, 2020
install DDU.Its a program that wipes every single driver file for your gpu.After the drivers are unnistalled,boot with the gtx 730 and see if the drivers are gone.If they are,shut down the pc and just swap the 730 for 1650.Just make sure that you have enough pci-e power cables for your 1650 and make sure the psu is enough,because if not the monitor will show no signal.Also if the gpu requires lets say 8pin power connector,and you have only a 6pin connector,DONT plugg only the 6pin connector,cuz you can fry your gpu,and if you are unfortunate it can fry your whole system.DONT buy adapters,can they can cause the same problem,so you will need to be buying a new psu that fits the gpus requirements
Steps:
-download DDU ( https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html )
-unnistall the drivers (look at videos and quides on youtube to see how it works)
-after the ddu has finished,boot to windows using safe mode,and check if the drivers are gone
-if they are,just turn of the pc and swap the gtx 730 for gtx 1650
-download the drivers for gtx 1650
-you are good to go :)

YT videos and quides:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxiLwLCxmkk
wow thanks. in my previous thread people confirmed that my prebuilt would work with the 1650. thank you!

Reactions: Dj0gany