Nov 14, 2020
Hello everyone, first post here so forgive me for any noob mistakes.
Ever since 2017 when I bought this laptop (Lenovo Y520), it's been lagging and stuttering like crazy, even on low settings, on games that it should easily run.
Basically I get a few seconds of smooth 60fps , but then it stutters for 1/2seconds.
I have tried everything I know of. Even added an M2, which in fact made the performance of the laptop far more better, but the games still lagged.

This are my components:
  • i7 7700 2.8GHZ
  • 8GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with 4GB
  • 512 SSD 970 EVO Plus
  • 1 TB HDD
I tried all the possible tutorials regarding NVIDIA control panel, power management, added the SSD (with the windows and few games installed on it), latest drivers, clean windows reinstall.
I can't wrap my head around what could cause all of this. Should I buy more RAM? Should I tinker with any more settings?
Please

Lutfij

Titan
Latest BIOS version for your laptop? Maybe see if your laptop is pending the NVMe drivers from Samsung, if you don't have them installed, you can source the drivers from Samsung's support page.

Did you try using DDU to remove your GPU drivers and then reinstalling with the latest drivers found off of Nvidia's support site? You should install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Nov 14, 2020
Latest BIOS version for your laptop? Maybe see if your laptop is pending the NVMe drivers from Samsung, if you don't have them installed, you can source the drivers from Samsung's support page.

Did you try using DDU to remove your GPU drivers and then reinstalling with the latest drivers found off of Nvidia's support site? You should install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

The Samsung drivers are up to date. The SIMBIOS version si 3.0
The BIOS version is 4KCN45WW

I did uninstall and reinstall the GPU drivers, but I will give DDU a try and check for any differences

Thank you for your reply!

Nov 14, 2020

So I tried clean installing the drivers, setting everything on max performance, games run on the Nvidia graphics card, but still the lagging and stuttering occurs.