Question What's the deal with the RX 580 ?

Hudson_G

Prominent
Jul 4, 2023
Why is this so cheap? Is there actually any trick behind this?

I've seen some video tests in games, like Black Myth Wukong, it gets solid 60 FPS at Ultra 1080p.

Is this actually OK for its pricing? I mean, what else do non-greedy gamers want?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador

I've seen some video tests in games, like Black Myth Wukong, it gets solid 60 FPS at Ultra 1080p.

Is this actually OK for its pricing? I mean, what else do non greedy gamers want?

Absolutely do not trust that as actual performance at this late date. Where you can often find good deals on good ones like XTX driver support from AMD is over and it isn't a spot you wish to be in this long after release.

sauve.richard

Honorable
Nov 15, 2018
I'm still running an RX 580 with an ancient i5 4590, I get decent frame rates (well over 60) in non-demanding games with a little tweaking to settings. It's a heck of a card for its time, but an RX 6600 (non-xt) will stomp it all over the place for the most part.

And yes, I'm building a new system soon lolz

Is this actually OK for its pricing? I mean, what else do non-greedy gamers want?

They are usually old stock of Chinese rx 580 they won't do 60 frames at 1080p on most you may manage medium and as people have pointed out it's a old card with zero driver support now