Discussion What's your favourite video game you've been playing?

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
^ The Mass Effect trilogy is great, and that's coming from someone that doesn't play many RPGs due to many of them having too much boring socializing, skill grinding, and foo foo magic potion concoctions.

The only thing about ME1 and ME3 is the first has some tedious planet scanning, and the 3rd a lot of repetitious fetch quests to get enough battle ready points for the end game, but at their core, the gameplay is still good and worth playing.

I just finished my Nightmare run on The Evil Within. It starts getting interesting when you play on higher difficulty. Knowing what is most cost effective to spend your gel on upgrading helps a lot.

I upgraded the Harpoon later in the game to max to get the fire effect, but I don't really think it was necessary. I'm about to play on Akumu, and plan to get all the keys this time. Other than a few exceptions for tougher bosses, Flash is probably one of the most useful upgrades.

Still playing Project CARS too, and am on the 2nd highest tier now racing Formula A, which looks like it will be very good.

thewonderspud

Reputable
May 15, 2015
Hmm... I'm really liking BioShock and Hotline Miami right now, picked them up recently.
Bought Outlast but haven't tried it yet because I'm too much of a pussy.

The Walking Dead is amazing, too. The Telltale game series.

D

Deleted member 217926

Both seasons of the Walking Dead were great. I also just got Outlast and 7 Days to Die. The first Bioshock? That game is one of my favorites. It was the first game to really bridge gaming and art in my opinion.

What do you guys think? What are the chances of Valve appearing at this year's E3 at the first ever PC Gaming Show?

Steam Controller confirmed
Steam Machines confirmed
Steam Link confirmed
HTC Vive VR confirmed
Dota 2 new engine confirmed
Source 2 confirmed
Steam sale underway

So HL3 confirmed? <-- This is not the main question. The main question is on the first line of this post. Don't fall for this.

Mike BD

Reputable
May 3, 2015
There are a plenty of gamers that hope for HL3 to be confirmed,but...if they haven't said it until now,I'm afraid it's not going to happen.
Steam's an IT&C force,they should appear at E3's gaming show.
For Dota's new engine,at least.

I read somewhere that valve won't be present at E3 this time.
Valve did once say that if all the workers there came together and gave a reason to complete something, (hints to Half Life series) then they'd do it. I think it'll come out eventually. I don't know how long, but I think it will.

That statement was made by Valve a long time ago. You do realize that there is a separate PC gaming Show debut at this year's E3 and it was just announced recently just a few months back.. Can't imagine a PC Gaming Show without Valve. And traditionally there has been at least one secret announcement at E3 every year from Sony or Microsoft or other conferences.

Interesting. I read that article and also read one of its comments

Can you guys please do some actual f....... reporting? I've seen this same article from 50 different gaming "news" sites and they all just say "games beat said"

News flash, the games beat article is like 2 paragraphs long and offer no source!

Also venture beat is borderline clickbait. I expect this shit from smaller sites, but shame on you gamespot. Go do your OWN f........ reporting. not making an article about what you read online.

Mod Edit: No f-bombs guys.

thewonderspud

Reputable
May 15, 2015

I do think VALVE will turn up to the E3
They're gonna have to give the Steam Machines some publicity
Console gamers known nothing about them, yet they are the single solution to unite PC and console gamers together
They will also showcase their other hardware products (VR, Link, Controller)
Maybe they'll showcase something on Dota 2 Reborn (Source 2)

They will not announce Half-Life 3 because it's not happening
What I think is happening:
VALVE do not want to continue the Half-Life franchise
They can't make any other games because they known if they announce another game that isn't Half-Life 3, people won't be happy

Yeah, I read that too. But none of the other comments say the same. :/
Makes me doubt about that particular comment. I've always found sites like kpopstarz, ChristianToday etc to be click bait sites. Never heard of gamesbeat until now. Don't know if I should trust them...

Mod edit: Quoted f-bombs.

D

Deleted member 217926

Let's keep the language PG-13 here guys. A good damn, or hell or even a shit or two in context is fine but we try to be family friendly. ;) Just enforcing policy here, not necessarily my own beliefs.

If HL3 was also announced this year along with Mass Effect 4 and Fallout 4 and the new Deus Ex not only would my head explode I might just cry manly tears of happiness. There have been rumors for a while that it would be announced with Source 2. I'll believe it when I see it though.

D

Deleted member 217926

This stupid Steam sale is just increasing my game backlog.

So far:

7 Days to Die - Fun but hard to figure out how to get started.

Alien: Isolation - Haven't even installed it yet.

Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux editions - Haven't installed yet.

Outlast - Haven't installed yet.

This war of Mine - Awesome. Sad. Hard. Depressing. Awesome.

Still waiting on Game of Thrones from Telltale and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

The stick of truth is really well made! Great use of the license. Who better to write the story than the creators themselves. You'll love it even more if you're a fan of the series.

I've got a few backlogs that are around two years old...
Child of Light, Metro Last Light, Rayman Origins, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Torchlight II, Assassins' Creed: Unity and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I'm nearly to the end of Deus Ex: Human Revolution as that's the one I'm playing right now, currently.

D

Deleted member 217926

Excellent! Looks like they announced Dishonored 2 as well. That should be another good one.

thewonderspud

Reputable
May 15, 2015

Alien: Isolation is another game I wanna get

Maarsch

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2012

Tell me about it.
2 more games on my wishlist have actually gone on sale and I haven't picked them up.

Besides the Homeworld and Metro I picked up athis is my backlog:
Bioshock: Infinite, I've only just been tasked for getting guns for the vox.
Batman: Arkham asylum, I'm not every an hour in.
Dark Souls, I'm not nearly far enough in that game considering the hours I've played.
Deus ex: I'm almost there. Soooo close.
Transistor: Seriously, it's a 4 hour game and I haven't finished it. The hell.
Kerbal Space Program: I gotta land and return from the mun one of these days. I'm an aerospace engineer by trade damnit, this is embarrassing.
And that's just the stuff off the top of my head. I haven't had the heart to actually read through my list.

I also have Blizzard games that need playing. I should make it to a galaxy class ship in ST:O.
And then there's social life, sports and the wife.

I mean I want to play Grim Fandango, and I want to play Alien: Isolation, but maybe I shouldn't buy them.

D

Deleted member 217926

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG8V9dRqSsw"][/video]

23k6l5k.jpg

Late 2016 release though.... :(