Yeah I'm well aware of the Massive Hordes mod, and mentioned before that I was playing my last run on Survival II with it.By the way, if you or anyone like insane challenges, then there is a HORDE mod for the game DAYS GONE. I stumbled upon this recently, lol. This mod makes all hordes more challenging by raising the number of zombies.
In the vanilla version, the Hordes have between 50 and 500 swarmers. This mod changes that range to 280-600. Furthermore, a boss horde further increases that number to 670 zombies. But the modder did not simply increase the number of swarmers to ridiculous numbers in all areas. Nope. Instead, he followed Bend Studio’s Tier modes.
There are currently six Tier modes which are:
I personally haven't tried this mod, as I need to fully re-install the game, and I haven't even finsihed the full story yet. But there are too many zombies for my taste. BTW, this mod works as long as you have not explored new areas and discovered the horde prior to the mod. Otherwise, you’ll have to start a new game, IMO.
- Tier 0 200. ( Little Bear Lake Horde – Because obvious its smallest original and sleep in a very small house , gonna look ridiculous as it is (sleep outside hous or on top of heads others)
- Tier 1. ( Cascade Region ) 280 (boss horde – 320) Grotto Caves Horde
- Tier 2 360. (Belknap Region) (boss horde – 400) Patjens Lakes Horde
- Tier 3. (Lost Lake Region) 440 (boss horde – 480) Metolius Lava Cave Horde
- Tier 4. (Highway 97 Region ) 520 (boss horde – 580) Lobert Draw Ridge Horde
- Tier 5. (Crater Lake Region ) 600 (boss horde – 670) Mt. Bailey Horde
Resetting jobs (hordes) from game pause menu after 100% completion also works.