Question When I plugged in my old hard drive some times my PC won't boot.

Sep 9, 2019
I have 1 SSD and 2 HDD's. One is a new HDD and other one is old but it works fine. But sometimes (like 70%) my pc won't boot. It's stuck in the BIOS screen. (Image below). And when I unplugged the old drive it boots. And when this stuck I can't enter the BIOS. It's just stuck. Nothing happens. And also I have set the boot order in the BIOS.
asus-first-boot-screen.jpg

Ralston18

Titan
The old drive is likely not '"fine".

Try another known working cable (or cables) to connect the motherboard and power to the old drive. Be sure that the physical connections are fully and firmly in place.

If there are still problems then try running the appropriate drive manufacturer's diagnostic software on the old drive.

Is the drive's data backed up and verified to be recoverable and readable? If not, do so as soon as possible.

In any case, remember that anything you do may cause the drive to fail and data could be lost.

Sep 9, 2019
The old drive is likely not '"fine".

Try another known working cable (or cables) to connect the motherboard and power to the old drive. Be sure that the physical connections are fully and firmly in place.

If there are still problems then try running the appropriate drive manufacturer's diagnostic software on the old drive.

Is the drive's data backed up and verified to be recoverable and readable? If not, do so as soon as possible.

In any case, remember that anything you do may cause the drive to fail and data could be lost.
I really dont care about that drive. I use it to record videos. And I delete them. I just need to use to record stuff. Drives speed is normal and I ran a test and its normal. IDK what is the reason to not boot my PC.Can't find the reason.

Ralston18

Titan
Late thought: Try another known working keyboard - could be your keystrokes are not "getting through".

Some other things to do:

1) Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

2) Disconnect both HDD's and determine if the computer will properly boot.

3) Try booting into Safe Mode.

4) Determine if you can boot from a USB recovery/rescue drive.