Question When I update my nvidia drivers, the resolution is stuck at 640 x 480 and I can't change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

AristosT

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2015
Hello, I have a RTX 3090 and when I update the nvidia driver from the 466.77 version to the new 471.11 version, when installation completes, my resolution is locked at 640 x 480 and it doesn't let me change it at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling geforce experience and the new driver and installing the new driver from the nvidia website, nothing changed, whatever I do my resolution is stuck at 640 x 480. I have also tried changing display port cables, closing and opening my monitor again, restarting, nothing seems to work. I do not know what else I can do to fix it. I have Windows 10 64-bit and I have downloaded all windows updates that are available. Thanks for the help in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
What version of Windows 10 are you on? Assuming you have the latest driver for your Nvidia GPU stored on your drive on the system, did you use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers, reboot, then manually installed said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

AristosT

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2015
What version of Windows 10 are you on? Assuming you have the latest driver for your Nvidia GPU stored on your drive on the system, did you use DDU to uninstall your current GPU drivers, reboot, then manually installed said GPU driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?
My windows edition is Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 with all the available updates already installed. I haven't used DDU, so I must use DDU in safe mode to unistall my drivers, then download the newest driver from the nvidia website and then run it as admin? I have the latest version of my motherboard (asrock taichi z490) which is the 1.90.

Status
Not open for further replies.