Question When it hits 80 degree celcius on my gpu my screen went blank

SakakiKomachi

Commendable
Aug 28, 2021
Hi, I have an issue here about my GPU. I have RX 580 8GB MSI Gaming X when its hit 80 degree celcius it went blank. What should I do? Should I fix it on repairshop or what?

My PC specs:
Intel Core i3-9100F
RX 580 8GB MSI Gaming X
16GB of RAM
be quiet! System Power 8 500W

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I have RX 580 8GB MSI Gaming X when its hit 80 degree celcius it went blank.
Does the PC still power on, with image on monitor? Or is PC dead?

But 80C is about the point where GPU starts to thermal throttle. GPU can kill the power to it, to save itself from burning up. Hence why monitor went black.
So, to avoid that, either put your PC case fans at higher RPM, buy more case fans (if you have 1-2) or when PC case fans are poor ones (doesn't move much air), buy better fans.

Also, when was the last time you cleaned the PC internals from dust?

SakakiKomachi

Commendable
Aug 28, 2021
Does the PC still power on, with image on monitor? Or is PC dead?

But 80C is about the point where GPU starts to thermal throttle. GPU can kill the power to it, to save itself from burning up. Hence why monitor went black.
So, to avoid that, either put your PC case fans at higher RPM, buy more case fans (if you have 1-2) or when PC case fans are poor ones (doesn't move much air), buy better fans.

Also, when was the last time you cleaned the PC internals from dust?
sorry for the late respond I have been busy these days. The pc is still on and I heard my friends on discord and I can respond them. Last time I cleaned my pc was on May 25 iirc. Could my GPU be repaired?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Could my GPU be repaired?
GPU overheating points towards the cooling issue. Could be GPU fans, that one of them have stopped (died). There are replacement GPU fans out there that you can buy and replace. But that means you have to take GPU apart and it's quite complex, since you have to mark down exactly where each and every screw goes.

Another thing to look at is the airflow situation in your PC case.
What PC case you have and how many case fans? Also the orientation and specs of those case fans are?