Jul 16, 2019
i was having cpu drops then i checked temperatures cpu is 50 degree so no problem.I checked VRM temperature via HWmonitor i watched them a little bit when temperature goes 62 degree cpu clock drop VRM temperature goes 58 degree then it keeps going like that.I think i know VRM temperature could go to 100 degrees with no problem? How can i fix that ? Cant i just change the limit if its there for VRM temperature? and also vrm has heatsink.

my motherboard is GA-990XA-UD3 and the cpu is fx 8150.

Solution
@ spoilsport try to mount a small fan above the VRM it may fix the problem for you as it fixed the problem in my system, I ave Gigabyte GA78 LMT USB3 Rev6.0 paired with AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 125W CPU, I was having the same issue even worse when the VRM reached 80 degree Celcius it gives me a BSOD or restart the system, I fix a small fan from my old HDD Cooler and the problem is solved now. see this picture.

VRM FAN
Jul 28, 2019
@ spoilsport try to mount a small fan above the VRM it may fix the problem for you as it fixed the problem in my system, I ave Gigabyte GA78 LMT USB3 Rev6.0 paired with AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 125W CPU, I was having the same issue even worse when the VRM reached 80 degree Celcius it gives me a BSOD or restart the system, I fix a small fan from my old HDD Cooler and the problem is solved now. see this picture.

VRM FAN

Solution