Question Whenever I play any game the fps suddenly drops to 8-15 and my gpu usage jumps to 100%

Nov 4, 2021
When I play any games even older games like max payne gpu usage suddenly goes to 100% and everything starts to freeze and lag.
I have tried graphic driver roleback and reinstall and also tested for any malwares but found none , I also tried for gpu stress test at 99% everything was fine but whenever it hits 100 % everything starts lagging, and there is no thermal throttling the max temps are CPU - 80 celsius GPU - 72 celsius and none of these methods worked for me. Please help me for the sudden fps drop
My device is -Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

My specs are as follows

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800H
RAM - 16GB
GPU- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By rollback, did you use DDU? If so, you're advised to manually download the latest drivers for your Nvidia GPU, reboot into Safe Mode and then manually install the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your laptop, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can use their support portal with your laptop's serial number to see if you have updates pending. What OS version(not edition) are you on?

Nov 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

By rollback, did you use DDU? If so, you're advised to manually download the latest drivers for your Nvidia GPU, reboot into Safe Mode and then manually install the driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. As for your laptop, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? You can use their support portal with your laptop's serial number to see if you have updates pending. What OS version(not edition) are you on?
ya everything is upto date I have windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1320 i havnt tried DDU nor in safe mode i will try and let you know if worked

When I play any games even older games like max payne gpu usage suddenly goes to 100% and everything starts to freeze and lag.
I have tried graphic driver roleback and reinstall and also tested for any malwares but found none , I also tried for gpu stress test at 99% everything was fine but whenever it hits 100 % everything starts lagging, and there is no thermal throttling the max temps are CPU - 80 celsius GPU - 72 celsius and none of these methods worked for me. Please help me for the sudden fps drop
My device is -Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

My specs are as follows

Processor - AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800H
RAM - 16GB
GPU- Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060
If the DDU does not work, i'd consider just doing a full format/reinstall rather then going trough the haystack of possible solutions

also guys, do correct me if im wrong, if you download the geforce experience from nivida, and it detects another driver it first deletes said driver and then installs itself, in effect doing the same thing ddu does

also guys, do correct me if im wrong, if you download the geforce experience from nivida, and it detects another driver it first deletes said driver and then installs itself, in effect doing the same thing ddu does
My understanding is DDU is the only way to remove the driver 100% and other methods leave traces of the driver behind. DDU have resolved issues for me when nothing else did.

Reactions: Quanticriver
Nov 4, 2021
If the DDU does not work, i'd consider just doing a full format/reinstall rather then going trough the haystack of possible solutions

ya i might just have to reset