[SOLVED] Where to find replacement inductors for GTX 285

tuckertheguy12

Prominent
Mar 10, 2021
I recently came into a bunch of old gpu's because i buy and resell them, one of them was this GTX 285. It wouldn't turn on so I tore it apart to find one of the inductors on the board and had come off and fused to the fan hub and another was completely charred and fell off. With these two pieces off the board it will power on but will drop display while attempting to load windows. What I would like to know is where I can buy replacements of these small pieces, I have the tools to fix this I just don't have those, however I am aware I might have to buy bulk according to the small nature of them. They have R10 printed on top of them but I didn't have much luck finding them. Any ides?

I have attached images for this.

View: https://imgur.com/a/rrWG3MR

Solution
Copper wire would work, but a leg from a resistor / diode / transistor is better. You want to bend it (lead) and tape it (lead and inductor) into place (electrical tape) then solder it and cut off any excess.

AntonyLovric

Distinguished
Copper wire would work, but a leg from a resistor / diode / transistor is better. You want to bend it (lead) and tape it (lead and inductor) into place (electrical tape) then solder it and cut off any excess.

Solution