Question Where to install appropriate AMD drivers for Ryzen 7 5800H?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2022
TL;DR
  • Windows 11 deleted my AMD integrated graphics drivers for some reason
  • Trying to install these drivers led to the error below
  • I need help re-installing AMD integrated graphics drivers for my Legion 5
I recently upgraded (more like downgraded) to windows 11 on my legion 5 and for some reason it doesn't detect my integrated AMD graphics, so now its just using my Nvidia graphics card for everything. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in task manager:
Is8Uzns.png

And back when I was using Windows 10 everything worked just fine! I tried re-installing the drivers for my Ryzen 7 5800H, but instead I got this error:
FVy7TTv.png

It says that it doesn't support my Ryzen 7 5800H, when I clearly installed the correct drivers for it! So this only leaves one possibility and that is that the Legion 5 comes with some other type of drivers, as issued by the note under the download section:
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.

D

Deleted member 14196

Use AMD’s website to get the proper drivers. You can use their tool that will find the correct drivers and once you download them don’t just except the default do a custom install and only install the drivers not all the extra bull crap that goes with it

Mar 23, 2022
yes brother i have bought a new ideapad 5 pro 16 with 5800h and 1650 chip. the amd drivers shuts down, just like the picture you have posted above. i was worried it happend few times. i thought of installing the new amd driver from the amd website, and it worked, so far my machine working ok. i hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.