which 8th gen motherboard to chose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m7noax

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016
Hi everyone! i have decided to change my from 5th gen cpu to 8th gen cpu ( I7 8700k )
but im kinda confusing between the following motherboards, I have no experience with the motherboard actually, if you guys can advice me which one to pick i would be so happy!
1 - ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO
2 - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E
3 - Asus PRIME Z370-A
4 - Gigabyte Aorus Z370 Gaming 5
5 - MSI Z370 Gaming PRO Carbon AC Z370

Note : i might overclock my CPU from 3.7 to 4.3 and i'll be installing the corsair vengeance RGB 16GB 3200Hz
have a nice day everyone!

What is your current cpu?

Mammatus

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

Huhhhh?!? :??:

There is no point to overclock to 4.3... In fact, it is not an overclock, it's an underclock... Basically, the 8700k has a base clock of 3,7Ghz but can go up to 4,7Ghz when it need to... Basically, you can pretty much assume that your CPU will run at max turbo speed while gaming (4,7Ghz)... So if you want to overclock it, you will have to go higher than that (4.8, 4,9, 5.0, ...)

m7noax

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

its i7 5820k

m7noax

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

well i never overclocked before, but i thought 4.3 would be better than 3.7, but if and i mean if 3.7 is enough i will just run it with stock speed, or overclock it to 4.7 as u said.

Mammatus

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
[/quotemsg]
well i never overclocked before, but i thought 4.3 would be better than 3.7, but if and i mean if 3.7 is enough i will just run it with stock speed, or overclock it to 4.7 as u said.

[/quotemsg]

No, you didnt understand what I said... Out of the box, your 8700k can already go to speed up to 4,7Ghz.... It has the Intel Turbo Boost technology in it that can boost the 3,7Ghz BASE clock speed up to the 4,7Ghz turbo speed when needed to... Under low workload, your CPU will run at 3,7Ghz and when the workload increase (like playing a game), the CPU will automatically increase his speed (to a maximum of 4,7Ghz) to help with this heavier workload. So even an overclock at 4,7Ghz is not an overclock because your CPU can already do those speed out of the box and WILL run at this speed... An overclock for a 8700k would be to run it at 4.8Ghz or higher.... Read on it, there is numerous report of 8700K overclocked to a stable 5.0Ghz frequency...

The 8700k is not that good of an upgrade over your current cpu. A simple oc to 4ghz will get it quite close to the 8700k.

m7noax

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

[/quotemsg]

No, you didnt understand what I said... Out of the box, your 8700k can already go to speed up to 4,7Ghz.... It has the Intel Turbo Boost technology in it that can boost the 3,7Ghz BASE clock speed up to the 4,7Ghz turbo speed when needed to... Under low workload, your CPU will run at 3,7Ghz and when the workload increase (like playing a game), the CPU will automatically increase his speed (to a maximum of 4,7Ghz) to help with this heavier workload. So even an overclock at 4,7Ghz is not an overclock because your CPU can already do those speed out of the box and WILL run at this speed... An overclock for a 8700k would be to run it at 4.8Ghz or higher.... Read on it, there is numerous report of 8700K overclocked to a stable 5.0Ghz frequency...

[/quotemsg]

thank you for the amazing information, well then i don't have to overclock, i'll just keep it as it is, this is a very nice technology that it can increase the speed when needed automatically. thank you again

m7noax

Commendable
Apr 18, 2016

i understand but i'll give my current pc to my sister, shes not a gamer but she needs a good pc for work, i decided to give her my current pc for free because i already have enough money for my next PC build so the one im using now will go to my sister soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.