Which Basketball Sim is Considered "Tops"?

Hi,

With 2005 almost upon us, could anyone lend a fella with a little cash
in his pocket some advice on which of the following PC basketball
simulations to get?

1. Dave Koch's Action PC Basketball (2004 edition)
2. Vintage Pro Basketball (Tom Mink -- version 2.5)
3. Cactus League Pro Basketball (version 6.5...7.0 is soon to be
released)

Playability, price, statistical accuracy, and customer service would be
some areas of comparison.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays,

Darby

>Hi,
>
>With 2005 almost upon us, could anyone lend a fella with a little cash
>in his pocket some advice on which of the following PC basketball
>simulations to get?
>
>1. Dave Koch's Action PC Basketball (2004 edition)
>2. Vintage Pro Basketball (Tom Mink -- version 2.5)
>3. Cactus League Pro Basketball (version 6.5...7.0 is soon to be
>released)
>

>Playability, price, statistical accuracy, and customer service would be
>some areas of comparison.
>Thanks in advance and happy holidays,
>
>Darby

At the risk of going off topic (since it isn't one of your choices)
and taking up bandwidth I would like to give a very strong
recommendation to Strat-O-Matic basketball at
www.strat-o-matic.com or better yet www.stratfanforum.com
for a message board. The board game has been around for
maybe 20 years while the computer version has been around
for about a dozen.

Playability is great, I don't know the price off-hand but it's
probably on the web page, and statistical realism is very
good. I haven't needed customer service, the message
board is a good place for general advice and also for some
technical advice.
I can't compare to the games you list as I haven't played those.

"NFLed" <nfled@aol.com> wrote in message
> >Hi,
>>
>>With 2005 almost upon us, could anyone lend a fella with a little cash
>>in his pocket some advice on which of the following PC basketball
>>simulations to get?
>>
>>1. Dave Koch's Action PC Basketball (2004 edition)
>>2. Vintage Pro Basketball (Tom Mink -- version 2.5)
>>3. Cactus League Pro Basketball (version 6.5...7.0 is soon to be
>>released)
>>

>>Playability, price, statistical accuracy, and customer service would be
>>some areas of comparison.
>>Thanks in advance and happy holidays,
>>
>>Darby

I'd have to agree. I've played Vintage and Strat's latest, and there is no
comparison.

Strat's basketball game is better (without going into specifics), though
with Vintage you can create teams.

Alanb