Question which drive should I consider for windows boot drive Micron 3400 or wd Sn 850x

Aug 13, 2024
So my laptop came with Micron 3400 1tb ssd and I have recently purchased a WD sn850x. Which one should I make my boot drive. I know that wd performs better but it lacks AES 256 bit hardware encoding.

Aug 13, 2024
In a blind test, I defy anyone to tell the difference outside of artificial benchmarks.

Leave the OS on what it came with, add the other drive if possible.
That's what I thought but it's not confirmed whether micron 3400 has dram or not and from what I have heard it's better to install windows on a drive with dram.

kanewolf

Titan
That's what I thought but it's not confirmed whether micron 3400 has dram or not and from what I have heard it's better to install windows on a drive with dram.
You have to ask if the benefit is worth the risk? I don't know how easy to disassemble your laptop is. Is there a risk to accessing the disk to swap?
You will probably not be able to perceive any performance improvement.

Reactions: blurrryface
Aug 13, 2024
You have to ask if the benefit is worth the risk? I don't know how easy to disassemble your laptop is. Is there a risk to accessing the disk to swap?
You will probably not be able to perceive any performance improvement.
Opening and replacing the drives it not that big of a headache, I am used to it. Cloning the drive is a another story. I have never done it myself