which gaming monitor to choose ? LG 24GM77 or LG 24GM79

Abrax4s

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Hello everyone, greetings, recently i bought Samsung CFG70 and just withing a week of use i got a full horizontal line of dead pixel and sewer ghosting problem (just mentioning this if by chance anyone planning that monitor than please stop right away, and its not just me, ghosting is a common issue with CFG70) anyways so luckily i got refund and now i am planning a new monitor, really confused between LG 24GM77 and LG 24GM79, can someone tell me which is the better one ! thank you.

Abrax4s

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Thank you so much matt, i have GTX 1070 so i guess 77 is better, actually i was confused regarding panel and picture quality it self, i thought that 79 is newer so it has better picture quality, but now i'll go with 77, thanks.

Hyp3rDeath

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

When it arrives, Can you tell me how the color quality is? :)

Hyp3rDeath

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

Hey, Thanks for answering :)

I was at friend's house and tried the AOC 2460P.
The color quality was absolutely HORRIBLE.
I have now an Samsung Syncmaster 2333SW (From 2007 lol) And I'm looking for a 144hz monitor with a decent color quality... better than my current monitor's quality will be awesome.
I've thought about the BenQ XL2411Z or the LG 24GM79-B... What do you think?
(RX 480)

The aoc is a good screen mate for a tn , I think your friend just needs to calibrate it manually.

Far as I know APC use lg panels, benq use primarily Samsung .

I'd pick the lg personally but the benq is a known entity.

You actually need 144htz ?? Personally I don't think a 480 is up to the job really.

Thought about a 75htz freesync IPS ??
IMO the ideal spec for a 480

Hyp3rDeath

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

The 480 Runs my games at 144fps, Only one of them is heavy so it's 100 on ultra.

I would like to see the 75hz one :p

And yeah I think LG too.

As I said I'd pick the lg personally on the proviso that when lg make & brand the monitor & also manufacture the panels themselves you are very very unlikely to get anything substandard.
I know lg's factory colour calibration is second to none for a fact as you'd expect from a big screen tv manufacturer

Its a personal choice though , I know the benq is a good screen but I'd edge my beta on the lg.in all honesty though I'd like to see them side by side which I known isn't really possible

Hyp3rDeath

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

Well, I'll buy it in a few days! :)
Thanks for the huge help! :D