Question Which Geforce RTX 2080 is better/best choice/silent ?

Jul 19, 2019
Hey everybody! 👨‍🔧

i'm still looking for the right GPU to buy, also looking for a Silent and Quiet one! 🕵️‍♂️
if i am going for an RTX 2080, which one of these would be the best Pick ??? :

• ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 DUAL OC EVO
  • Asus GeForce RTX 2080 DUAL OC 08G
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC WHITE
ASUS_GeForce_RTX_2080_DUAL_OC_EVO_grafische_kaart@@jfxv0r40_2.jpg
3_Gigabyte-GeForce-RTX-2080-GAMING-OC-WHITE-8GB-Videokaart.jpg
1_Asus-GeForce-RTX-2080-DUAL-RTX2080-O8G-Videokaart.jpg

There are barely any Reviews 🕵️‍♂️on the ASUS Dual EVO version, i want to know if it's better than the normal ASUS Dual + if it's more Silent etc. ?
i hope someone can help me with this..

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE 🙏 i want to buy a GPU as soon as possible,
i already spend more than 2 days now ⏳ trying to figure out what's the best choice, best deal and which card could be the most silent and still can't decide!

Last edited:

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
they are all good.
the middle card with the triple cooler design would probably get better temps assuming your PC case has good airflow setup with fans which can result in higher maintained boost clock speeds and when overclocking.

But overall, they will all perform marginally the same at stock.

I would assume the card on the left has slightly lesser cooling ability than the one on the right based on the look of the cooler design.

Alternatively, if you aren't all that interested in the RTX thing with raytracing and only care about just the performance the card can give you, it might be better to look at the used market for a 1080 Ti that would cost $500 or less (preferably less) assuming the used market where you live is viable.

I would possibly make an alternative recommendation for a 2080 card, but I don't know what country you live in so I can't even attempt to do that.

Jul 19, 2019
they are all good.
the middle card with the triple cooler design would probably get better temps assuming your PC case has good airflow setup with fans which can result in higher maintained boost clock speeds and when overclocking.

But overall, they will all perform marginally the same at stock.

I would assume the card on the left has slightly lesser cooling ability than the one on the right based on the look of the cooler design.

Alternatively, if you aren't all that interested in the RTX thing with raytracing and only care about just the performance the card can give you, it might be better to look at the used market for a 1080 Ti that would cost $500 or less (preferably less) assuming the used market where you live is viable.

I would possibly make an alternative recommendation for a 2080 card, but I don't know what country you live in so I can't even attempt to do that.

Thankyou for your clear answer!
about the look of the cooler design of the asus dual EVO: i thought so too, but based on pricing and product specifications, the EVO has special fanblades, the same they use on the ROG Strix series, but i can't find anything about its performance, noise etc. hardly any reviews. all i know is, it's supposedly the mid-one between the DUAL & ROG cards since it has the fan blades + a small RGB stripe on the side of the card.

Im not really interested in raytracing but i'm just trying to be as future proof as i can possibly be, although i know that's impossible! so i am going for the geforce 2000 series, and i can't wait any longer for thirdparty amd 5700 xt's cards haha 💶🔥🤲 it's either going to be an 2070 SUPER or 2080.

and yes ofcourse i would like an alternative recommendation for an 2080 card, although i live in europe (the netherlands) ? i have an open case btw (thermaltake Core p3)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Take your pick of the lot based on your budget.

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=427&sort=price&page=1

But honestly the first two gigabyte cards would be just fine.

For some higher end performance in regards to overclocking and such might want to scroll down to the EVGA cards.
Preferably the SuperClocked (SC) cards.

But of course gigabyte has they're own lineup as well for things.