[SOLVED] Which is a good Power Supply [PSU] with minimal budget for my PC?

May 2, 2022
Hi, so I've put together all the PSUs that are in store here on a budget of 600.000 IDR ($41.32).

PSU Lists:
  1. Corsair CV450 [450W] (80+ Bronze)
  2. DeepCool PF500 [500W] (80+ White)
  3. FSP HV PRO [550W] (80+ White)
  4. GAMEMAX VP-500 [500W] (80+ Bronze)
  5. GIGABYTE P550B [550W] (80+ Bronze)
  6. SILVERSTONE ST60F-ES230 [600W] (80+ White)
  7. Thermaltake LITEPOWER [650W]
  8. Thermaltake Smart BX1 [550W] (80+ Bronze)
My PC specs:
  1. Motherboard: Gigabyte H81 LGA 1150
  2. CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220 V3
  3. GPU: AMD Radeon R5 230
  4. RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (8GB)

From the list of PSUs that I have compiled above, which PSU is good for my PC with the specifications above? or do you have any good PSU recommendations?

Last edited:
Solution
If your current psu is working, why do you think you need to replace it?
At least you know what you have works.

Changing our a cheap psu for another cheap psu does not sound like a good thing to me.
The danger of a cheap psu is not that it might not work properly, the danger is that if it should fail under load, it can destroy anything it is attached to.

The suggestion above to look at the warranty is one way to assess quality.
If you see 7 years or more, I would buy it.

Here is one psu quality tier list:
Be aware that brands will have very different quality levels, depending on the model.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Maybe the first one, the Corsair CV450. It's not a 'good quality' PSU but it's less bad than the others. So compared to the list, and if those are the only choices available to you, the Corsair CV450 is less likely to die and kill other components.

The others more so the Gamemax VP-500 or the Thermaltake LITEPOWER PSUs are basically garbage.

I understand you may be on a budget but a PSU is maybe the most important component in a PC and it's not advisable to skimp on it. Health and longevity of all other components directlydepend on its performance and reliability.

May 2, 2022
Go with a Bronze model (excluding Gamemax model), any power level is fine for your build, one with the longest warranty would be the winner.
Thank you for your answers and suggestions.

Maybe the first one, the Corsair CV450. It's not a 'good quality' PSU but it's less bad than the others. So compared to the list, and if those are the only choices available to you, the Corsair CV450 is less likely to die and kill other components.

The others more so the Gamemax VP-500 or the Thermaltake LITEPOWER PSUs are basically garbage.

I understand you may be on a budget but a PSU is maybe the most important component in a PC and it's not advisable to skimp on it. Health and longevity of all other components directlydepend on its performance and reliability.
I know that the PSU is an important component in a PC or usually called the heart of a PC. But I have to replace the PSU immediately because the PSU I'm using is Armageddon Voltron, which people say is a garbage PSU. I will look for extra money to buy a PSU that is better than the PSU on the list above. Thank you for your suggestions and answers.

Changing our a cheap psu for another cheap psu does not sound like a good thing to me.
The danger of a cheap psu is not that it might not work properly, the danger is that if it should fail under load, it can destroy anything it is attached to.

Be aware that brands will have very different quality levels, depending on the model.

Solution
May 2, 2022

Thank you very much for your suggestions and answers.. I want to replace the PSU because it will be easier in the future if I want to upgrade. And also maybe a $50 PSU is cheap in your country. In my country a $50 PSU is expensive and pretty good. Most here only use the PSU built in the case and the PSU of a bad brand.

Think this would be my option, at least gives full power on the +12V rail. Yes "only" white but energy efficiency tells nothing about quality.

Other option is to link the shop and max budget.
Thank you very much for your suggestions and answers. The FSP HV Pro is now 80+ Bronze 230V EU certified. I've bought this PSU because of your suggestions and many people who use and recommend this PSU. FSP550-51AAC 80+ CLEAResult Test

Screenshot-97-cr.png

Reactions: Vic 40

TRENDING THREADS