[SOLVED] Which is better? Worse GPU more vram, better GPU less vram

Jan 31, 2022
Hello, I have a not very good pc, with Core i3-3240, 8 gb 665mhz ram, pci express 2.0 mobo, and currently using old as hell 9600 gt.

i want to build a pc, but the budget is limited, (am very poor lol) and trying to steadily upgrading. and i started with a new gpu which is under 100 dollar.
i search the internet and i found that gt 730 2gb ddr3 is getting recommended everywhere, and i found out another gpu with almost the same price had a better performance in userbenchmark, that is gtx 550 ti. problem is 550 ti had less vram than 730 gt with 1 gb. i don't really understand how gpu works, all that i know is that they made your game run better (obviously) so i completely noob at this.

cause i really wanted the best possible gpu with my budget, and this are my first ever purchase on a gpu, so thats why i needed a recommendation from you guys. PC experts who has been getting into this waaaay before me.

i don't really play demanding game, but i needed so thats the gpu can multitasking with obs and the game also. with acceptable fps on the results. so yeah for recording purposes. if you guys had any better recommendation than please pick another that might be better than this two. but, my budget is only about 70-80 dollar. so yeah.... please help

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Those are both terrible options, but od the two the 550ti is a better gaming card in 2010.
The 730 with ddr3 will be the worst possible gaming experience with pcie card

Thia666

Prominent
Feb 11, 2022
550 ti have better performance.

my experience with low VRAM is kinda bad. stutters everywhere, had to set textures and shadow to low.
but, in my opinion playing game with stutter is better than playing game with very low fps.

stuttering game is still playable.
very low fps is not playable at all.

CMIIW