[SOLVED] Which is the better buy I5 4590 vs I7 4790s?

Jan 3, 2020
Currently I am looking to buy a spare pc for either my personal use(programming, streaming, mail, web, etc...) or to use as a dedicated plex server

There are two variants i could buy. One with intel i5 quad core 4590 or the intel i7 quad core 4790s.

the only thing is that the pc with the I7 i can only upgrade the ram to 16gb and the i5 to 32gb.

the prices are relatively the same, maybe like 30-40 diff between the i7 and i5.

Would you think the i5 and 32gb ram is a better buy than the i7 with 16gb ram?

Solution
I'd go with the 17 and 16gb of ram, 32Gb of ram I feel would be overkill, and well the i7 I think would be overkill too, but its got more threads and its low power, and you could purpose the system for something else later on and still have the threads to spare.
Feb 22, 2020
Currently I am looking to buy a spare pc for either my personal use(programming, streaming, mail, web, etc...) or to use as a dedicated plex server

There are two variants i could buy. One with intel i5 quad core 4590 or the intel i7 quad core 4790s.

the only thing is that the pc with the I7 i can only upgrade the ram to 16gb and the i5 to 32gb.

the prices are relatively the same, maybe like 30-40 diff between the i7 and i5.

Would you think the i5 and 32gb ram is a better buy than the i7 with 16gb ram?

Is better to buy the i5 bcs you will have more ram and your pc can have multiple programs at the same time without lag

I'd go with the 17 and 16gb of ram, 32Gb of ram I feel would be overkill, and well the i7 I think would be overkill too, but its got more threads and its low power, and you could purpose the system for something else later on and still have the threads to spare.

Solution