magnificent_90

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2012
Hi
For years I've been using MS Windows but recently I've seen Macbook devices and I plan to buy one.
My budget is around 1200 Euros.
I don't know whether to buy a Macbook Pro or Air. How about iPad devices?
I will be using it for my university studies and if possible for Photoshop.

Is Mackbook a good option for me or I should go for light Windows notebooks? Portability, durability and performance for the budget are very important to me.
Thanks for your help.

magnificent_90

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2012
M1 Air 16/512 if it comes within your budget with educational discount. It’ll do what you want quite well. I think the M2 Air will be too pricey with the RAM upgrade. Not do you need it.
Thanks.
How about Macbook Pro 13 inch? That comes around 1300 euros. What's the difference between Pro vs Air? I think an M2 is more powerful. I want to work with Photoshop.
Can you give me another offer?

There isn’t much difference between the pro and air of the same generation. the Pro is a little better. 16GB is more important than 8GB RAM over all other considerations.

Excepting a handful of filters and some extremely heavy projects. Processing and GPU power isn’t a major factor either. Even my old Ivy Bridge CPU. Could do most stuff I do with Photoshop in real time or near real time. There was just a few things I had to wait for.