Question Which memory should I buy?

I bought this computer few years ago:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-computer-technologies-ali424/p/N82E16883360003?item=N82E16883360003

It has 16GB DDR4 installed but I feel like it is not enough for me. I am planning to buy additional 16GB of ram for my computer, but I am not sure if I have enough slots for additional RAM sticks. Maybe some computer experts can recommend me what would be a best fit for me?

"Feel" is not a very good reason.

What makes you feel that way?

How much RAM do you actually use in typical tasks?

At first glance, it looks like you have only 2 RAM slots, but I'm not sure. If so, you'd have to sell the old 16 and buy entirely new 32. Rather than add new 16 to the existing 16.

nololxdyes

Reputable
Oct 22, 2018
"Feel" is not a very good reason.

What makes you feel that way?

How much RAM do you actually use in typical tasks?

At first glance, it looks like you have only 2 RAM slots, but I'm not sure. If so, you'd have to sell the old 16 and buy entirely new 32. Rather than add new 16 to the existing 16.

Usually when I am playing computer games my memory is stuck at 90%+ load. I usually check by opening task manager so “feel” is more like I know I need more. Why do I need to buy 2 16GB when I can just buy 16GB and have 32 total?

Usually when I am playing computer games my memory is stuck at 90%+ load. I usually check by opening task manager so “feel” is more like I know I need more. Why do I need to buy 2 16GB when I can just buy 16GB and have 32 total?

Task Manager should give you a decent actual number of how much RAM is actually being used. So many hundreds of megabytes.

If your PC has 2 slots, it's likely both slots are now full. Two sticks of 8 gb each.

If your PC has 4 slots, it likely has 2 sticks of 8, with 2 slots empty. You could add 16 to the existing 16, but you would be taking a chance the new is not compatible with the old. It might work, but the better advice is to buy all new 32.

The best way to find out how many slots you have is to look with your own eyes. If you intend to alter the RAM, you are going to have to go inside the case anyway.

I bought this computer few years ago:

https://www.newegg.com/abs-computer-technologies-ali424/p/N82E16883360003?item=N82E16883360003

It has 16GB DDR4 installed but I feel like it is not enough for me. I am planning to buy additional 16GB of ram for my computer, but I am not sure if I have enough slots for additional RAM sticks. Maybe some computer experts can recommend me what would be a best fit for me?
The best way is to open the case and see how many ram slots you have.

You might also try this.....run the scanner.
Crucial