[SOLVED] Which of these two monitors have better color reproduction?

Jul 10, 2021
Data by manufacturers:
MSI Optix MAG272CQR - 90 % DCI-P3 , 100 % SRGB
AOC AGON AG273QX - 90 % ADOBE RGB (CIE 1931), 121 % SRGB (CIE 1931), 85 % NTSC (CIE 1931)

In some reviews, I have read that the MSI one doesnt have very good colors without calibration (I always use default settings).
Also I dont know if the MSI one has FRC just in HDR mode (just like the AOC one, according to my info), because it has just unusable HDR10 (unlike the AOC, which has HDR400).

Thank you for your answers.

Solution
i would avoid the MSI.

90% DCI-P3 is pretty low. >95% is what i would be looking for.

HDR400 doesn't offer much and in many movies & games it even looked worse on my Optix MPG341CQRV.
when enabling it the display was locked at 75Hz even though MSI does not mention this anywhere in the product specifications. i actually got a regfund about 2 months outside of the return date due to this "overlook" in product specs.
so make sure you do some research into how their HDR operates.
i would avoid the MSI.

HDR400 doesn't offer much and in many movies & games it even looked worse on my Optix MPG341CQRV.
when enabling it the display was locked at 75Hz even though MSI does not mention this anywhere in the product specifications. i actually got a regfund about 2 months outside of the return date due to this "overlook" in product specs.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I have found a site called RTings to be excellent for monitor and TV reviews and very specifically about color and reproduction. For the models they review they often have a compare feature as well. Might check there to help narrow it down some.

Jul 10, 2021
i would avoid the MSI.

Arent DCI-P3 and Adobe RGB equally good?
95% is out of my price range, I am deciding between these two.